Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Tuesday with the South African...

It was strange, I came home at 9:30 PM tonight and I thought something was wrong.  I can’t remember the last time I was done with a social activity or work this early.  It kind of felt good.  I went out to eat with a bunch of South Africans at an Indian Restaurant…they like their food hot hot hot…  It was actually my Tuesday small group and this is the last time we’d be meeting with Casper before he leaves Bahrain and travels back to South Africa to start his job.  Casper’s tale is a real success story.  I’m very proud of him and his lovely wife Mariette.  I should probably go into detail…because my son was questioning that maybe I didn’t heard God right when he told me to come to Bahrain.  X is putting doubts in his head as regards to my calling.  But if I need any proof, I just turn to my friend Casper. 

I loved being used of God and am open to however and whenever he will use me.  Whether its in Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Los Angeles or someplace even more remote like Oklahoma.  Im open to go wherever he beckons.  I have such peace that Im exactly where Im supposed to be for this season in my life.  It sucks that I’m away from the kids…yes…but if I could I would have them out here with me in a heartbeat.  But I’ve complained about that enough for awhile..onto something different. 

So Casper invited me to lead his small group, I was hesitant at first because of all my other commitments.  I presently have one night free a week…Woo-hoo for Thursday.  So I contemplated it…and it just so happens that my Tuesday commitment got shifted so I had some time.  I joined this group and Im so glad I did.  God really used me to speak into these guys lives I believe.  They all had happy families and were successful engineers.  I was the oddball divorced American of the group.  Yet God used me in so many ways to teach life lessons which they never considered.  I learned all those lessons from my pain.  Perhaps if they will listen they won’t have to endure the heartache and learn from my pain.   So Casper mentioned something tonight at dinner that made me very proud.  I can’t really take credit for it…I was just being obedient to what God was speaking into my heart.  Casper mentioned that he’s convinced that the decision to move away and back to South Africa was so easy because we as a group supported him by fasting and prayer.  So when the time came to make the decision there really was no decision to be made.  God had already directed his steps.  That’s a key point here.  When you are living your life right…I think most of life’s choices become amazingly simple and easy.  Even when it entails moving across the globe.  So here are these bunch of South Africans who have never fasted before trying a fast to support their brother in his time of need.  Now Casper three weeks ago was dreading his life.  Yet today he was full of peace and joy as he saw first hand how God was taking care of his every need.  He sold his boat, and his two cars (the latter while we were at dinner).  Now he is very excited about going back to South Africa and the life that is calling him there.  He’s going to be a dad in 7-8 months, new job, new hope.  I’m so happy for the guy.  I prayed many times in the last few weeks as the pits of despair and fear were creeping up on him.  I kept telling him…Casper fear is not of God…its an attack of the enemy who is trying to steal your peace and joy.  Fight back with scripture.  I prayed with him…outloud…you have to pray outloud because Christians have dominion of the dark forces of the enemy, but they can’t read our minds but they can hear our voices.  I said pray this way…”spirit of the enemy, spirit of fear, whatever spirit that doesn’t glorify Christ I command you in the name of Jesus to flee from me.”  Casper said that prayer really changed his perspective.  Now it didn’t do anything right away like get him the job offer.  Rather, it helped him cope and get through the day.  He said the prayer really worked where he was less fearful after he prayed.  But sometimes he had to pray again and again, yet each time it worked.  So Im very proud of the peace and joy that Casper has.  Im even more humbled and proud that God used me as a conduit to speak into their lives. 

I met another interesting guy today.  Actually I had met him at a press conference last week.  We connected and are trying to figure out a way to work together.  There are many similarities with our tales.  Im here to bring the film industry to Bahrain, he’s here to bring the music industry.  He lived in Los Angeles…I lived in Los Angeles…His wife is from Tulsa and he lived there for a spell….well…my X-wife is from Tulsa I lived there for a spell.  So hopefully we can figure out a way to work together in the future.  He’s going to need some help with video production.  He’s still very well connected in Los Angeles, he used to run a production company with Corbin Bernsen.  Its amazing the people Im running into over here.  Its totally divine appointments and God’s favor.  I think its going to be leading to something big, big big.  So yes…I know I heard God’s voice correctly when I decided to move here.  At no point in the past six months have I ever doubted that.  That is a great feeling made possible only because im seeking Him with all my heart soul, mind and strength.  Im a blessed and fortunate soul.  

No comments: