Thursday, March 5, 2009

More of God's favor chasing me down and overtaking me.

I woke up with a strange cat purring against me.  Its weird the kind of dreams you have when you are in a different environment.  I only dream about twice a year, and last nights dreams were pretty vivid.  I rarely dream about my ex-wife which is kind of odd, considering how long I was obsessed/in love with her.  But last night I did…it was very surreal.  I am saddened sometimes at what I lost.  Im in a great situation now…but I’d trade it all away if I could have what I used to have. 

I was on such a high from the acting class last night.  I really believe it was the best class I ever taught.  It just flowed and the students were totally into it.  We established a trust early and that allowed the improv to really flow.  There was one guy in particular.  My good friend Muneer…the Omani.  He was brilliant.  I think everyone just fed off his energy.  If you want to take a look at it: http://www.ksdibahrain.com/KSDi-ScreenActingWorkshop_01.php

Im starting to videotape all the sessions.  I think my teaching style would turn out to be a good DVD teaching series on Method acting.  The improvs also would make a good comedic series.  Im going to try to package them for Bahrain TV.  There is so much excitement and enthusiasm for the class right now…it really makes me feel good.  There were a couple of girls on the their facebook update profiles thanked me for the class and how much they enjoyed it. 

 I just got done chatting with one of my students.  She convinced her friend to come to the classes.  Her friend just so happens to the editor of a very trendy and popular magazine here in Bahrain.  They are going to do a running feature for the next three months on the progress of the class.  How cool is that…I didn’t even have to do anything. 

I was eating dinner in Fuddrucker’s tonight.  I wanted to go out…but I had no one special to go out with.  So I decided to embrace my solitude again.  Be joyful in all circumstances.  The next three nights will be jam packed with social activities for me…its going to be hard to fit them all in.  So as I’m sitting down in Fuddrucker’s reading my Bible and the daily paper at 8:30 PM (I stayed late at the office).  I saw they had Highlights magazine there.  I was on the cover of last month’s mag.  So I picked it up, since we are supposed to have an ad in the paper.  The ad was the back of the front cover, a full page ad, very good placement.  But as I was flipping through, I got amazed.  Someone wrote a letter to the editor about my efforts and what Im trying to do.  It was so glowing and complimentary, I could have written it myself.  Then I had to think, did I write it…?  But I determined I didn’t.   It felt very good to accolades from a stranger.  And even the editors piped in with their two cents about how they believed in my efforts.   Its amazing.  I mentioned this before.   But a lot of people believe in me.  I have to keep the faith and the strength for more than just myself now, other people are counting on me.  It’s all favor from God…its really nothing Im doing on my own.  Its giving me credibility and popularity.  I think the more successful I can be in the venture, the more effective and credible my message will be.  If a person is successful their sphere of influence will be much greater than the non-successful person.  So maybe by me being faithful, God is setting me up for success so my worldview will gain a greater audience.  “Preach the Gospel always, when necessary use words.”  No where is that more important that here in the Middle East.  

No comments: