Saturday, March 14, 2009

More good press

What an eventful day for a day off…not really on the day off part. I met the South African blonde…that isn’t really interested in me…but just as a friend, for breakfast. It was a lovely chat. My daughter even asked me the other night when I spoke to her…Who’s the South African? She’s headed back to Australia…so there is nothing happening…but just a friend I met quickly.

We had an article published in the paper about us today. That was kind of exciting as it was in the main national paper. If you would like to look at it…please go to: http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=245642&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=31359
I got a lot of positive response already from friends. It is kind of a big deal. Im not sure what the financial impact will be, but I guess we’ll find out on Sunday (our Monday). All this positive press is great for long term branding…but really need short term cash flow right now. The acting school is certainly helping with that. Speaking of which the acting class was much smoother today. I felt less apprehensive as I wasn’t concerned with who was showing up. I felt like I had a completely different group of children. They were all so much more confident than last week. It was really great to see them develop so much. We had a lot of fun, laughed, and just helped them gain more confidence. This is why I enjoy teaching so much. Its great to see kids develop positively and for me to have a role in that development. My goal…or worldview is for me to help and inspire others around the world. The acting classes are certainly tools that I can do that. Im getting into a routine with these and they are less mentally taxing. Another thing about these classes is the close relationships that develop between the students and I. I can honestly say that my past students both in Houston and CA hold a special place in my heart. I still communicate with some of them. I think the same relationships will hold true with this bunch probably even more so. There just hasn’t been anything like this on the island, so we all feel like we are a little bit of pioneers and that further brands us together.

My parents are in Israel right now. They are going to come visit next Wed. I’m excited to have them come and check out Bahrain. Remember…I have an empty furnished 3rd room that is open for anyone to come visit. I think Bahrain is a great country…and most everyone that I met that lives here loves the place. Its so small…like living in a small town…only we’re a country.

I have a big week planned this week. Lots of potential on the horizon…so Im going to cut this short. Once again I appreciate all your comments and encouragement. If you know someone that might want to read this as well…please spread the word.

No comments: