Wednesday, March 25, 2009

what a fascinating day.

What a full day it has been.  I knew that we were going to Dubai on Thursday so I had to get in two full days worth of work in one day.  I had an incredibly productive six hours.  Total non-stop amazingly efficient.  Once I got to the end of the day…I just mentally crashed.  I had an interview with a lovely South African girl this morning.  This is the second beautiful south African blonde with dazzling blue eyes I met in two weeks.  What is it with these South Africans?   Most South Africans I have met absolutely love their country because of its beauty, but won’t return because of the high crime.  Many South Africans I’ve met think its dangerous to live there.  So they are bit melancholy about their past.  This South African girl actually set up the interview.  Her dad read about me and KSDi in the paper and encouraged his daughter to call us up.  She did, and im so glad she did.  She is a real entrepreneur and a good sales person.  Im not sure what we could give her right now, but she’d be valuable to company in some aspect.  Tanya called me away from the meeting early so we could go meet with the royal family as we were doing their gigantic wedding in three weeks.  Most weddings we do are female only crews because of the conservatism in certain Muslim households.  But this particular Muslim family was even more so.  We can’t even have our guys run the switcher..it has to be a female technician.  They don’t want any men to see the women in the monitors, even though they are in the next room. 

After the meeting Guy and I headed out and stopped at a camel farm.  I took a couple of pictures with the camel (posted on facebook) and I could tell the camel was starting to get irritated because he kept raising his hind leg.  Guy moved in for his close up and the Camel…was rearing up to spit on him.  Guy moved out of the way really fast.  We took a picture of this too. 

Lama, the Lebanese pop star needed her video done this afternoon to coincide with a website that is promoting her.  They absolutely loved the product.  So that’s good because this is potentially an important contact.  Her DVD will go in all the Virgin Mega Stores with a first week of April release date.  She and her husband Karim, wanted to make an entrance with me.  It was really amazing.  There was so much press there.  They were flashing away at the pictures making Lama feel like a real star.  I think she is going to be a star.  She introduced me as her director…which made me feel kind of good.  I guess we are going to get their music video business.  She just needed me there for moral support .

The day wounded up beautifully.  We had our last dinner in Bahrain together (because of the two days in Dubai.  We ate at Khalifa’s Yacht Club.  Tanya showed up with Raimonds parents.  We all had a lovely evening.  Khalifa is one hilarious man.  If you know my father’s cackle laugh….you’ll know that he used it about 10 different times in the course of our meal.  Khalifa is a very generous host.  We think highly of each other.  

No comments: