Sunday, March 15, 2009

The waiting is the hardest part....move over T. Petty

I had a lot of positive feedback from my acting students last night. I was very enthused. I didn’t think it was a great session, but some of my actors sure did. Here I thought I was brilliant waxing poetic about acting and psychological philosophy early in the classes. It really is quite advanced level thinking when it comes to acting as a craft. Yet they didn’t really want that. Leave theory to the university, they want practicality. So I gave them a few tools and they really liked it. So that’s what I need to do from now on. I can keep these unique philosophies to myself and just give them what they want. Well part of me feeling good is that I sent around a questionnaire. I was trying to find some marketable quotes to put in our flyer that is going to about 2000 kids at St. Christopher school. Now this St. Christopher thing is significant. What I want to do long term with the film and television is going to take by my estimation about 18-24 months to develop. In the mean time we have to survive this financial crisis. I wanted to start the acting school for a few reasons. 1. I love inspiring others to better themselves. 2. Cash flow 3. It builds up a database of talent I can use for upcoming projects. So you see there are several valid reasons for my excitement about my association with the school. One thing I also really enjoy is being a pioneer. Because this hasn’t been done on the island before…and probably not even in the Middle East, we all feel like we are a part of something very special, which we are. We are traveling in unchartered territory. My life for the last four years has been in unchartered territory as I healed from my horrific, sucky, and incredibly unwanted divorce. For those of you new to the blog that don’t know my story, and don’t have the 39 hours to track back and read all my updates. I went through what I consider to be the most hellish divorce in history. Why was it so bad?..because I loved my ex-wife more than any man could possibly love a woman I think…maybe it was too much, maybe it put too much pressure on her. Im not sure what happened…but it ended with me fighting with every ounce of my being to keep it together. Not only did I lose my wife, but I lost my children as well as they have turned against me somewhat due to the propaganda from the x-wife. Its all pretty sad really. But Im not wallowing…well maybe I wallow a little. Now I’m on this incredible adventure in this strange and exotic land called Bahrain. I tell lots of people that the life here is quite surreal. I feel as if Im on a paid vacation. Now the reality that protrudes every once in a while is my loneliness. I have lots of friends and acquaintances, but I miss the intimacy of a mate. I know that will come with time…but maybe its due to my woundedness, maybe its due to the fact that Im a Beeman (My lil sis does this too) I tend to jump into a relationship way tooo quickly…or the key thing is try to jump into a relationship. I think my problem is that Ive been wandering in the desert (a metaphorical emotional desert, not the literal desert which I do wander in presently from time to time) for so long starving of thirst, and the first oasis that comes a long I try to gulp the water (relationship) down too quickly (I move too fast) and that always freaks the other girl out. So I need to take a chill pill…like all my married friends tell me. Where to get this pill…let me know if I can get it without a prescription.

I know that God is faithful, and I know that he has the perfect one for me out there somewhere…in his perfect timing. Sometimes I feel patient, sometimes I feel anxious. God has proven faithful in everything else in my life thus far…I know this part will be covered too.

It was quiz night tonight. Guy and I are regulars at the pub. But everyone makes fun of us because we don’t drink. That’s ok…the bar bill is cheaper. We wound up winning the last round…famous faces…which we usually win, and we tied for second in the three of the other five rounds. They give away liquor coupons for the winners. We don’t drink, but the competition is still a blast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep me out of it! I will threaten to sue you for slander. Oh wait now I am starting to sound like someone else. Love ya!

Kristen

Rick Beeman said...

If its spoken its slander..if its written its libel...so threaten the right way...now that's not to say I don't do my fair share of slandering you too...you're my sister that's kind of my job. Got a date yet? ;o)