Sunday, March 22, 2009

Missing quiz night

A little bit of a frustrating day today.  I went out to breakfast with my father at Senor Paco’s my favorite Mexican restaurant for breakfast.  They have a delicious and cheap breakfast.  Much to my surprise my regular waiter wasn’t there.  I was disappointed as I’ve come to like him very much.  So I was a little bit put off by the new guy, until he told me that He saw me in Highlights magazine and that the other waiter told him what I liked and prepped him.  Then all the kitchen staff wanted to wave at me.  This is pretty cool.  I feel like it is totally not deserved.  I am gracious still.  I was really looking forward to quiz night tonight.  My parents wanted to go with me.  So I was trying to get everything done early at work.  My shoot at 2:00 almost got cancelled.  The client thought it was too expensive.  We renegotiated and came up with a number.  We scheduled the shoot for 5.  But there was a problem with the make up, so that got us running late…and then later and later.   Finally we were ready to shoot at 8, and the shooting didn’t finish til 10.  So I missed the quiz and I was sick about it.  The director just can’t run off, I had to stick around.  It was good that I did.  I had a great talk with the husband.  We are probably going to be shooting a music video for them a little later.  Again this is one more example of God providing favor for me…and I’m not really doing much to deserve it.  I’ll just take it thankfully with no complaints.

We are starting to get really busy at the office.  That is really good because we had some lean months in there.  I was starting to get nervous.  I think we’ll have to expand the staff soon.  That’s always a good alternative.  Its just that I have to really justify this…because Nader is in the banking industry where it seems like everything is being scaled down…so he’s being extremely cautious.  Luckily we are surviving through the recession…People are still getting married.  That bodes well in our favor.  The acting classes are also bringing in additional revenue to ease the crunch.  What its also beginning to do is get us more noticed in the market place.  By reaching out and getting known to the community we are expanding our marketing base in a grass roots type of level.  Already Im seeing the fruits of this investment.  The shoot today was  a great example of that. 

Im going to cut this short once again.  With my parents here Im trying to devote most of my time to them..so the blog has to suffer.  Its ok really…because my mom is the avid reader of the group…that and AJB.  So if I skip the details she’ll know and AJB will surely write to me…and Reji sees me in the office.  If anyone else would like to communicate…I’d still love to hear from you.

I do appreciate your prayers…but please continue to pray for my children.  Oh…wait this is what I wanted to say last night.  We did this exercise in class..about the sentimental objects.  Three of the girls talked about how there parents got divorced when they were young and when they looked back at the wedding pictures they were saddened.  They were too young to remember the happiness, but they longed to experience what it must have felt like.  They were empty inside lacking emotion security.  In fact all the adults that were child of divorces had the same story…a sense of emptiness that their parents couldn’t stay together.  That just broke my heart because I know my kids (despite the X and hubby saying how much they laugh together) must be broken inside because I sure am.  So if you think about please say a prayer for my children.  I haven’t talked to them for a couple of weeks, though I do leave messages on their phone.  I hope God can produce a miracle and restore my relationship with them.  I do love and miss them so.  

No comments: