Thursday, March 19, 2009

the good, the bad, and the great.

A good day that turned into a bad day that wound up being a great day.  What a roller coaster day its been.  We’re really busy with the last minute commercial shoot, but everything seemed in order.  The client came in and was happy with all the work that we were doing on the project.  I put the project over to Guy since the it had been cast and the cast had been approved.  I took the afternoon and decided to work from home since my parents are visiting.  I figured since I work 6 days a week at about 10-12 hours a day…I deserve a mini break every once in a while.  But my mini-break was cut short.  My lead actor called me and said…”Um I work for a competing real estate firm.  If I do your project, I’ll probably get fired.  Now first of all I totally understand that,.  I wouldn’t want to lose my career over a measly $200 photo shoot.  But...having to find another cast member in less that 18 hours was going to be difficult.  The agent that I talked to couldn’t find any more actors in the right age and range with the right look.  I had to cast this thing in 12 hours…how was I going to do it.  So I said a very short prayer.  I called Nader, since he’s so connected to see if he knew anyone.  He did…so I called this guy up and he agreed.  I ran him by the agency and they thought he was too young at first.  They wanted me to look for someone a little bit older.  Once I explained the situation…they accepted him.  So slight crisis solved/paved. 

Then I was invited to a dinner party at a friend’s house.  I love dinner parties because it allows you the opportunity to have intelligent conversation without being drown out because of the pulsating bass drum.  The dinner was absolutely fantastic.  I met a lot of new people which I really enjoy.  I think it will go a long way in helping my career.  My mother who went kicking and screaming…(She doesn’t like situations where she meets new people) even had a good time. 

There is so much more to write…but I’ve fallen asleep three times while writing this so I’ll have to conclude tomorrow.Im too tired to proofread as well…so if there are mikstakes…don’t hold it against me. 

Nabs my friend left for the U.K. then North Pole tonight.  He’s attempting to be the first arab that walks to the North Pole.  I wish him well.

No comments: