Saturday, March 7, 2009

An exhausting but good day

What an exhausting day. It was very busy in preparing for the classes. I went to Fuddruckers for breakfast today. I stayed there a bit longer as I was preparing for the classes. As I was leaving, the waitress told me she saw my piece that Angel Cecil produced for me on Bahrain TV. Then in a matter of moments I had the entire staff and the cook surrounding me and smiling. We flipped open the magazine so I could show them the letter to the editor about me. They all said… “Very Handsome” like I was some kind of a celebrity. It was a pretty funny little scene. The waitress recognized me because I used to go to the other Fuddrucker’s across town where she used to work.

The kids got there for the first class. I was a little flustered because my production staff was stuck in traffic so we had to start a little bit late. This was an even bigger issue, because one of the volunteer moms had arranged for several members of the media there to cover it for their paper and TV shows. It really is great publicity. We are getting tons of press. That all has long term/branding influence, but the trick is to turn it into short term cash flow.

After the kids classes, and the kids were a challenge. They were all scared and very few of them had acting classes before . So I had to work extra hard to allow them to feel comfortable. Eventually we made a break through. After the kids, the teens came. We only had five people show up for the teens class. It was absolutlely exhausting. With that many kids you have to really struggle to keep them entertained.

Then after the teens, we had a full adult class of around 20. So I get to teach three different classes on my day off. The negative effect of that…is im exhausted. All the mental out put on a a physical drain. Even though it was only 8 hours of teaching, psychologically if felt like 22 hours.

I have a lot more to say…but im having a hard time trying to stay awake right now. I could use your prayers. I haven’t talked to my kids in three months, they won’t answer nor return my call. I have to leave that in God’s hand because I can’t seem to control myself.

I absolutely have to cut this short…im exhausted. Im falling asleep as I type. So Im not even going to proofread. So if you find a typo send it back to me.

I went out to desert afterward with the beautiful blonde from South Africa. This girl has a real heart for God. It’s a good way to end a pretty exhausting day.

No comments: