Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another spectacular day

Wow…another one of those day that so many good things happened to me.  I should add these “spectacular” days up…because they certainly seem to be piling up on me.  I’m absolutely convinced, its just God’s favor shining down upon me.  The first meeting was with a lady from Ministry of Social Development.  My pastor set up the meeting.  She was soooo exciting about meeting me.  It was really encouraging…what we specialize in at KSDi is exactly what she needs.  I don’t think she’s a believer…but I kind of felt like I was an answer to her prayer.  She was so enthused that she brought by her husband and colleague a little bit later in the day to come by our office to see our work.  It was all pretty exciting. We are going to work closely together in the future as she is very well connected.  We can both be of great benefit to each other.  She wants to change the world too.  The more I tell people that…the more they believe it.  I think it inspires them to try to change the world too…that is my goal. 

We had to scramble for the next meeting.  I took a call from a client yesterday that needed this big photo campaign done in less than five days.  I gave them a bid…it might have been too low and they accepted.  So now we have four days to complete the shoot.  It’s a lot of work since we have to find 13 locations, four actors, one male adult, one female adult and two children 10-12.  Here’s the catch they can’t be too dark or too light…they want a mix…and they want it to be a family and they want it by 10 am tomorrow.  Huh…that’s hard to do even in Los Angeles…let alone Bahrain.  This is a new client so Im really trying to go the extreme extra mile with them so they will work with us again. 

FACT magazine is doing a four page spread on us in next months issue…so I need to have a photographer come to the class (Armand the South African is unavailable because he’ll be on the other shoot) and have a writer come up with a 1000 word article.  Im lucky/blessed because the writer that did the article from the Gulf Daily News, agreed to write this one for us for spec.  I think we’re going to work together in the future, because he’s a really good writer.  Im supposed to have my slate of 10 projects to pitch to Hollywood to my contact by next week.  He’s flying to Los Angeles to pitch them.  So please keep in prayer about that.  One of the big ones Im pushing is totally dependent on another person giving me permission to cover his life.  I can’t talk about this publicly yet, but it would be a reality show about his life.  The dude is fascinating and Im sure it would sell in a heartbeat…even to Los Angeles… It would go quite the distance to help me break down the stereotypes that America has with Arabs.  This guy has been so elusive..but he’s gotten back to me recently via facebook and text…he’s supposed to call me back next week.  Lets hope he does because this could be BIG BIG BIG.

It was our Tuesday meeting with the South Africans.  I felt compelled to take Casper…Oh yeah…Casper told me I could use his name…he felt the South African moniker was a little pretentious.  So I took Casper and his wife Mariette out to eat this time since they’ve been feeding me the last month.  I took them to Fuddrucker’s and they absolutely loved it.  These poor South Africans have never been to a Fuddruckers’.  So I corrupted them…they loved it.  They were also a little bit amazed…as was i…that then entire staff remembered me.  It was all…Good to see you again sir…and they asked me about the acting classes.  Even the cook came out to say Hello.  All you have to do is treat people with a little respect and they really respond well to you.  I guess I am enjoying just a tiny bit of celebrity…which is really really strange.  Mainly because I feel like I don’t deserve it…its all God’s favor.  I don’t think that’s false humility speaking…I really mean it.  I really have grown fond of Casper and Mariette and Im sad because it looks like they might be leaving the island.  But even though they may go…I feel like I have found friends for life.  So I have some people I can visit when I through South Africa now.  Its funny..they are always banging on the Americans….  I know God sent me into their lives for this season for the purpose of encouraging them through a difficult period.  I so love bing used of God this way.  Now…someday God will use Casper and Mariette to minister to someone else like I did to them.  It’s the gift that keeps on giving.  That is what we are called on the earth, I believe, to do. 

Lakewood Church came through again..they sent me an additional 20 DVD’s or so for our positive living group.  They are very enthusiastic of my mini-ministry out here and its great to have their support. 

I have so much to do today, this weekend…the rest of the month.  I love being crazy busy.  I got a call at 3:45 today from my parents saying their flight arrives at 6:35 on Gulf Air tomorrow.  What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I thought they were getting here next week.  Oh well…it will be nice having family around.  I just hope in the midst of my busyness I can spend enough time with them.  I never notice how busy I am because I never feel busy and Im always on my home.  Family close will be nice.  Im pretty excited to share my life over here with them.  Let me again reiterate…this is a beautiful place if any of you would like to come visit, you can stay with me for free…eat cheap….and see an exotic country. 

You see…I told you a lot happened today.  

No comments: