Friday, March 20, 2009

No plates, no silverware, and eating with your fingers

A fascinating day today.  Got my parents up early and went to church.  I dropped them off with Reji, I get reji and take him every Friday to church.  So they had someone to sit with when I went and talked with the youth.  I really am enjoying this group.  I wish I had the same forum to share with my teenagers, but I don’t at this point.  I pray that changes in the future.  X has made me out to be a bad guy in their mind.  I think she tells them things that are 10% truth 90% embellishment so she’s not the bad guy and everything is my fault.  I can’t argue with them or defend myself because if I do, essentially Im calling their mom a liar.  So I have decided not to fight. I so miss my kids and wish I had them with me.  If they could only visit for a couple of weeks so they could see what my life is like.  I think it would be a tremendous cultural experience for them.  But X simply won’t allow it.  I have been talking about X a lot the last couple of days.  I apologize if that offends anyone.  I think the loss of the family is more on my mind because my parents are in town to visit.  Being half a world a way in a new country is a great place to start over.  Having my parents around is a reminder of family and what I used to have.  It made me sad.  But I know that God has a plan for all of this.

After church I was so blessed and honored.  A very dear Indian friend invited my parents and I out to a traditional Indian fine dining restaurant.  They didn’t have any plates, instead they served it on a Banana leaf.  There was no silverware so we had to eat with our fingers.  The food was soooo spicy.  The conversation and experience was wonderful.  It was nice for parents to see first hand a different culture.  I was very honored.  It was quite nice. 

After we came home for awhile then I took them to Trader Vic’s at the Ritz Carlton Hotel.  We had drinks and appetizers all very nice.  It turns out I ran into a lot of friends there.  I am getting to know quite a few people here.  We came home and I was feeling a little restless.  Then I spoke to the Romanian who is madly in love with the pilot still.  We hadn’t seen each other in a bit, so after the parental units were asleep, we decided to go to a club.  I had a great time catching up with her again.  We met several people n the various clubs as we hopped around a bit.  The social aspect of seeing friend I know…was ver help for me.  Even though Im surrounded by parents that love me…I miss the intimacy of a companion as well.  Hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later.I really have to start writing these  blogs early.  Im falling asleep at the keyboard again.  I’ll cut this short and try to do better nect time.  

No comments: