Saturday, March 7, 2009

Three blondes...one day...

(I missed a blog day...but it wasn't my fault...i don't think.  Just as I was about to post, I lost my internet connection...which is a common occurrence in my building.)

What an incredible day it was for me.  We had a church day out today.  So there was no regular service.  Instead, everyone drove out to a campsite way out in the middle of the desert and did the service there.  There were tents and chairs, like an old fashioned revival type of meeting.  I noticed there were two pretty new blondes in church.  There aren’t a lot single people that go to my church, so they kind of stand out a bit.  I got to talking to the two, and they are new here to Bahrain.  They are both architects.  I invited them to the acting class and they are going to come and watch tomorrow.  The one had a boyfriend in Australia.  The other from Zimbabwe seemed like she had real potential. (A blonde haired blue eyed bombshell from Zimbabwe, are you serious?)  We’ll see how it goes, I can’t rush things because I always screw that up. 

Pastor Grame did something different today.  He took Psalm 23 and had everyone rewrite it to their profession.  David wrote it from the profession of a sheepherder thus it had that emphasis.  It really opened up my eyes seeing other professions adapt it into their own.  It made it much more personal.  Here’s what I wrote.  Grame invited me to share it with the church.  This is Rick’s version of Psalm 23:

The Lord is my filmmaker

I shall not run out of stories

He makes me be on budget and schedule

He leads me to the craft service table

He restores my sleep patterns

He guides me in post production for his name’s sake. 

Even though I’m almost over budget

I will fear no shut down for you art with me.

Your checkbook and your inspiration they comfort me.

You prepare a screening for me in the presence of my critics

You give me good reviews with the press

My future job prospects runneth over

Surely good favor and abundance will chase me down all the days of my life

An I will dwell in the screening room for ever. 

Making the Psalm more personalized really helped me see it from a different angle.  I’m glad I did it.

After the service the church did a big picnic and did lots of games.  It felt like a big church family.  I enjoyed it a lot.

Then I came home for a bit, then went to meet blonde #2.  Blonde #2 was German that worked at the Ritz Carlton.  She was very intelligent.  We had a good time talking for hours.  She invited some of her friends along and I had a good time meeting them too. 

I was invited again to “Models Night” at Aqua Fuego.  I guess as a director, its kind of important that I be there.  Angel, one of my acting students and a model, arranged for me to have a table, which is kind of  big deal since they normally charge $200.  I had a really good time.  Found a few more actresses for my acting class.  Im getting to learn more and more people on the island. Blonde #3 is another one of my acting students.  She's from Northern Ireland with an incredibly thick Irish Accent.    She met me at the club with Guy and Blonde #2 and a few other friends.  WE all had a great time, even Guy. Guy is like a party animal, sans alcohol because he doesn't drink either.  He's a life of the party kind of guy.   Its cool that none of my friends knew each other before tonight and now they do.  Jeremy and Nicole, who run the promotion Models night did a fabulous job organizing this.  Nicole told me something that amazed me.  She said...do you have a blog?  I responded affirmatively.  She said we liked what you had to say about us last month.  Did I mention Models night before?  I must have.  I was honored and humbled that they read it.  Hopefully we'll be able to do some marketing and cross promotion in the future.  

No comments: