Monday, March 30, 2009

Late Night...

Wow am I wiped out.  Its 12:30 am and Im still at the office.  I am enjoying this, but still the mental drain takes it toll physically sometimes.  I have a contact going to Hollywood tomorrow.  He asked me to compile 10 creative projects which he could pitch to some of the Hollywood power brokers.  Our hope is that they are looking for the next “Slumdog Millionaire” and one of the 12 projects we are submitting (I threw in two extra) could be it.  I wrote five of the projects and the other seven I had submitted from various filmmakers in the region.  It’s a long shot, but if we hit with just one of them, we’ll be sitting pretty for awhile. 

I didn’t stay at the office too late today.  I had an interview with the minister of works about the new shipping port that is opening.  He was very high up on the ladder of the government.  It’s the equivalent of talking to the Secretary of State in the U.S.  I was very honored to chat with him.  He seemed like a sharp man.  I went home for a bit after that and then we had our positive living group.  We had guests this time…woo-hoo…so it wasn’t just Guy, Reji, Beni, and I.  We actually had four more show up.  We watched an episode of Joel and it sparked for some interesting discussion.  I don’t feel led to make this get together too overly spiritual.  My calling is to the seeker sensitive group and I don’t want to scare them away with too much religiosity.  My strategy is from St. Francis of Assissi…Preach the Gospel always when necessary use words. 

Im sorry if I offend any of you with my frustrations regarding the loss of my family.  Its still very difficult to take.  I try not to say anything but sometime I just boil over.  I was complaining last night so much, I didn’t even tell you what an incredible day it was for me.  I got a lot of work done…and best yet…in quiz night, we won 3 of the 5 rounds, seldom do teams ever win two…but we bagged three.  The other two categories we finished second.  Someday we’ll get a sweep, I just know it.  I was having so much fun last night…I just had to keep asking myself, am I dorm for liking this so much.  I think I am…but its cool to be a dork sometimes. 

So please I ask you to please pray for the restoration of my children’s relationship with me.  They are under some heavy psychological pressure at this point.  There is a spirit of “Us against him” in that house.  Its really a shame.  Its all very childish and immature…yet I have to live with it and deal with it.  But I know that God has a plan in my life and part of that plan involves the children.  I have to trust as he is taking care of me…he is also taking care of them.  I better cut this short…I can barely keep my eyes open.  

No comments: