Monday, March 16, 2009

The Gallery has arrived

A lot of very good things happened today.  Had to get a lot of things done early for the marketing of our new Legacy, personal biography series.  This is going to be our latest product roll out and I anticipate that it is going to be big.  We were also busy getting ready for the marketing of the St. Christopher acting class material which I reviewed yesterday, I think, with all of you.  I was already feeling good about the prospects of the future when I got a call from Gallery One.  They were the gallery that was interested in buying our collection…which could be amazing cash flow opportunity.  So I have been waiting for these guys for nearly two months and finally, after I had forgotten about them…they came into town.  So I dropped everything and met the owner of the gallery (he owns 13 across the Middle East with plans of expansion into the U.S.) and the Operations manager for the galleries.  These guys were sharp.  So we had coffee together and got to know each other.  I think there was obvious respect from all parties.  I was representing Khalifa.  I used to think I was not a good negotiator…but you know what…I think Im learning how to be in this situation.  So it was pretty obvious…they wanted to buy the photos, and I wanted to sell.  So now we need to get to the details.  We had two options, one good for long term..the other for short term.  The short term option would be for us to sell the prints to them so they could reproduce them as needed.  This would provide a quick, big hit cash flow wise.  The long term option would be to enter into a royalty agreement where we would get a percentage of each picture sold and retain all copyrights.  I see the benefits on both sides.  They were headed back to Dubai and I was supposed to get a formal offer for both options by the end of the week.  Either way its good news in both the short and long term for KSDi.  I was praying all week that God would bless the company financially to get us through the recession.  This might just be the answer to that prayer.  God is amazingly faithful.  

I got back to the office…im fairly certain I was floating.  And I found a couple of DVD’s that I thought were lost.  Manu, actually had them.  So that saved me a bunch of heartache.  Then I got a call from a company wanting a big photo production in five days.  I did the bid, and I think they went for it.  They are coming into the office tomorrow to discuss the details and see some of our work.  I asked them how they found us, and he told me the yellow pages.  Do people still use that?  I have had a sales rep…besiege me with ad opportunities in the yellow pages.  Maybe I should start listening. 

Oh…we have a new student in our acting class.  She is this beautiful Lebanese pop star.  She gave me her CD when she came to class.  She is really really good.  Im not sure if she’s famous in these circles or not…but she seemed kind of popular.  Her identical twin daughters are in my kids class…so I almost have their entire family. 

Things are really starting to pick up at work.  We are getting busy.  So I think we are going to make it through this recession unscathed (God willing).  I mentioned this before, but in order for me to achieve what I think God wants me to achieve I need to be successful.  I think God is honoring the fruit of my labor. 

Other than my family (or the loss of it) I think life couldn’t get much better.  I have some more things I’ll share that happened in a bit…but Im not at liberty to say them right now.  Please continue to pray for my children.  She’s at it again….

 

No comments: