Monday, February 16, 2009

Feeling like myself again...

I feel like myself again after a temporary set back.  It’s so weird to be depressed after so much joy and hope has been racing through my life.  It was if God spoke to me, and said just keep your head down and wait this out.  Don’t be tempted to self-medicate just seek after me.  That’s exactly what I did.  Though I was tempted to self-medicate, I knew I was in a test, and I had to wait it out.  It so worked.  Im still not out of the total depression woods.  But the light shining through the gray clouds of despair is getting brighter and brighter. 

We decided to do our classes at the Media Production Sound stage at Ahlia University in downtown Manama.  Its really a nice facility and will be perfect for our needs.  This is important because venue #2 The Cinema Club called me to tell me they couldn’t hold our classes because they are a non-profit or something like that.  So God’s favor and the generosity of Art, the Director of the program let us in.  There will be mutual benefit for both sides. 

Angel Cecil, a pretty blonde Irish lass interviewed me today for Bahrain TV.  Im so used to being the one asking the questions, answering them seemed a little bit weird.  It went really well.  As an example I ran her through the sense memory exercise.  This was a challenge for Angel since she has so much crew around her, a tight time frame, and was doing something without ever having to practice it.  She did really well.  She tapped into her inner emotions and real came out the other end.  She really wants to take the class now. 

We did our second Positive Living group.  It was pretty fantastic.  Last week when I decided to do this group, all emotional hell broke through in this blog.  The message last week was don’t focus on the negative focus on the positive.  Don’t worry about how big your problem is, instead just concentrate on how big your God is.  It was perfect for me.  Because Im under serious spiritual attack.  I think we are about to make a difference so I think the enemy is going to notch up his attack the next couple of weeks.  So your prayers are coveted as always.  Today’s message from Joel Osteen was all about children.  Proverbs says “Raise your child up in the way of the Lord and when he is old, he will not depart from thee.  So the message was, don’t worry about your children’s future spiritual growth.  All you have to do is offer your life as a living testimony to God and that will protect the children.  Once again God is telling me as I’m over here…that he is going to take care of them. 

Lots more to say…but im really knackered.  I can’t barely type straight. 

Thanks for your support and emails. 

Rick

Oh yeah…one more thing Reji was quite put off (as were many Indians) about the story for Slum dog Millionaire.  He hates for his home state of Kerala to be considered  to the be the slums of India.  So he is quite proud of his country.  I think it’s a little like No. CA and So. CA,  San franciso/Los Angeles,  New Zealand/Australia. 

So we had a Kerala magazine in there.  I copied some pictures of the slums of Brazil and printed them out.  I placed them through all the real advertisiments .  So it reall blended well.   (temprorarily)   I said Reji, what’s up with that.  He knew immediately, But Saji was a little heartbroken.  I took him a moment or two and my big grin kind of gave it away.

Im soooooo sleeply. Im not even going to proofread.  So forgive me if parts seem incoherene.   Till tomorrow…  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerala, The Gods Own Country
www.keralatourism.org