Friday, February 6, 2009

More Ms. Texas stuff and thanks for the feedback (pics below)

Im really touched by all the girls sharing their opinions on my love life.  Its flattering.  As you know if you read this blog, I kind of put myself out there for better or worse and let the chips fall where they may.  Wow..one sentence three cliché’s don’t try this at home (four).  I will admit, there is an artist in me, that makes me very passionate and I fall for girls quite easily.  That said, I’ve only been in love 4.5 times in my life, so I think that is average for a guy.  But Im a director.  Its easy for me to spot talent and to cast accordingly.  So when I say Im falling for Ms. Texas…it comes with a good measure of conviction and its not just a passing phase.   I think she can fill the role of what I am looking for as far character and characteristics.  Im so into character right now.   Now the part that I have to figure into all of this.  Is that I love being in love.  So I have to separate that feeling from the attachment to the individual.  I feel like Im doing that. 

What is weird…is how quickly I grew attached to Ms. Texas, and haven’t even met her.  Its all been emails, chatting, and as recently as a week ago video chatting.  I was a little apprehensive at first, because I wasn’t sure if she would be attracted to me.  X left my esteem in shreds.  So I guess I passed the initial test as she thought I was cute/handsome…whew…  That is a big deal to me…because it may not seem like it, but Im trying to be cautious and slow with this girl.  She is absolutely gorgeous.  But what really attracts me to her, is her spirit.  She has a genuine love for Christ.  That is what really appeals to me.  Whoever my future mate will be I want them to have a spiritual passion about them.  I need that if Im going to accomplish all that God has laid on my heart to accomplish.  From the early signs, it seems like Ms. Texas has all that.  Its weird..as soon as I’ve become emotionally unavailable to others…Girls are flying out of the woodwork at me.  What’s up with that?   When it rains it pours.  They must sense something in my personality…when Im not looking and that just seems to draw them in.  Its funny how human nature works that way.  You don’t want something til its not available.  Im going to have to have a talk with God about that someday. 

I am planning on having our first “Positive Living” group on Monday.  I don’t want to call it a Bible Study, because that would turn people off.  I certainly want to make it seeker sensitive.  I have all the materials from Joel Osteen to do that now.  It will be interested to see if its going to grow and how God will use it.  I appreciate your prayers on this one. 

I’m finding myself in conversations now getting cut off.  I share pretty much everything that is happening in my life on this blog.  So I was talking to my Iraqi friend, telling him the story of what I want to accomplish with the small group, and he cut me off, saying I know, I read your blog.  I get that quite a few times.  Its actually quite flattering.   I love when I get feedback, both positive and negative.  So feel free to comment anytime.  Life is still pretty good out here.  

No comments: