Thursday, February 5, 2009

Almost forgot the blog...

I was just headed off to bed then I stopped and remembered I didn’t write in the blog tonight.  It’s a little bit strange.  I like having Guy around, but Im having to set up a new routine.  Its all going to be good.  My internet connection is down at the moment.  That’s one thing negative about being here.  The technology is about five years behind the U.S.  So periodically, in the apartment building we lose our connection entirely so sometimes it takes a few hours to get re-established.  Its an amazing thing being addicted to the net.  I think  a lot of people are.  Im not really sure what to do with my time with the Internet down.  Maybe this is God’s way of telling me I need to go to bed soon.  Part of the thing that makes it frustrating is this usually the time that Ms. Texas and I talk.  So when that gets interrupted it gets really frustrating. 

I played squash with the Iraqi tonight.  Afterwards we had a really interesting discussion on religion.  He is a quasi atheist while his wife is a Muslim.  It was nice discussing religion in an objective matter.  The Iraqi is tied to his belief that he thinks there isn’t a God.  It really opened up some amazing opportunities for me to share my faith.  Essentially, the pain that I went through…which was incredibly intense, and the fact that I emerged and am very happy and peaceful I think proves there is a God.  My experience is more important that any self-help book.  God allows the crap so we can understand and empathize the people going through similar pain too. 

I’m starting the group on Mon. Night.  Im not calling it a Bible Study, or a prayer group.  Rather, Im calling it a positive living small group.  There are too many people I’m trying to reach would be scared off by the word Bible.  Im trying to reach them where otherwise they might not be able to be reachable.  There a re a few churches on the island, but no seeker-sensitive churches.  That is the audience Im trying to target, the seekers.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out.  Im going to use Joel Osteen’s material to start the group.  They don’t get more positive than him. 

We are still getting a lot of positive press.  The year that I worked at the Ad agency in Houston, really paid off.  It has given me keen insight to how to properly market the company.  We have two interviews with magazines next week, including Gulf Air’s in flight magazine.  I have another interview with Krazy Kevin a popular radio DJ here.  I know a radio interview might not seem like a big deal, but when there are only three stations, it is a big deal.  Then I have another interview with Bahrain TV and that mainly is about the acting class Im starting.  I had a long talk with the Iraqi, before squash.  He is very interested in taking the classes just to gain more confidence as a public speaker.  Im not sure what type of reception Im going to get for the classes.  Im told that people always show up at the last minute here.  My facebook group has over 120 members now in less than a week, and 22 indicated that they will take the classes.  During this tough financial crisis where cash flow is hurting, this might be the ideal way bring in short term cash.  Keep praying for the company and my endeavors.  We are supposed to have a meeting next week with the principals of the Investment Bank.  They are anxious to move forward on it. 

I better cut this short.  Im falling asleep while I type again.  Thus the typoes. 

Keep praying its really working.

No comments: