Saturday, February 28, 2009

Acting classes begin.

It was a very important day for me today.  The first day of acting classes and I was a bit apprehensive.  I had absolutely no idea who was going to show up or not.  It could have been an absolute failure or a smashing success.  Already the buzz of the class has generated a lot of publicity for KSDi around the island.  We are being branded and that is going to have its long term benefits.  Last night at dinner for example, I met a guy who said…I saw your magazine, I read about your acting classes.  Then I went to Fuddruckers for lunch this afternoon.  As I was leaving a waitress looked at me, and said…are you in Highlights magazine.  I smiled and said yes.  She said, Oh Mr. Beeman we’ve been reading about you.  She then pulled out the magazine from the rack.  She knew my name.  How is that possible?  She knew my name.  People tell me that this new push is creating a lot of buzz on the street.  Its funny and cool to be a part of that talk.  Im hoping to use my new found notoriety/credibility to help spread my world view a little more. 

We had a facility issue so we had to start the children’s classes next week.  I don’t know how many kids will be involved with that.  For the teens, we had about six students.  They were all very enthusiastic.  We really need to add 4 more students to make it work.  I think they will come.  We have just started advertising.  We’ll be in the Gulf Daily News later this week.  Bahrain TV is doing a feature on us.  All this has short term benefits and long term potential. The adult class had about 14 students.  It was very good for a first time group.   Many of the students had never been to an acting school before and since we are the first of our kind on the island, there was this mix of apprehension and excitement.  We had our entire crew there, taping the show.  This is just case I want to turn it into a TV show.  I think I might actually.  It would be great for PR of KSDi to produce a show for Bahrain TV.  There is tons of marketing potential.  The forum of teaching allowed me an incredible platform my worldviews, but I do so very subtly.  I just put myself out there.  There is so much to share, but its already 12:15 and Im just wiped.  Since I was on my toes all evening with both classes, it really drained me physically.  When Im in production I usually have to be very careful, a mental day takes like two physical days in which to recover. 

Crap…I have so much more I want to say…but I’m falling asleep at my keyboard.  I dozed off about 10 times thus far in writing this blog.  Whenever I tax myself mentally, it always wipes me out physically.  I can’t keep my eyes open.  I’ll have to go into more detail in tomorrow’s blog.  It truly was an amazing night, topped off with desert with the beautiful Romanian.  She’s still in love with her boyfriend, but Im learning to be content with no matter what my circumstances.

OK…good night…I’ll write more details in tomorrow’s log.  

No comments: