Friday, February 13, 2009

The Day After....

Wow so many incredibly wonderful things happened to me in the past four months I was totally due for down time.  It hit and surprisingly enough Im rebounding quite well rather quickly.  I remember getting a package from Lakewood for the small group/church I started last week.  I took a CD series in the car to listen to and from work.  The title was handling adversity.  Last Wednesday I thought to myself, huh…I don’t need this, there isn’t much adversity in my life right now…then whamo blamo… do you think God was trying to get me prepared for something?

It was just the strangest feeling walking around yesterday in a state of shock really.  Once that war off…I was a little numb…then today I was a bit out of it.  I went to church and prayed…God give me hope.  Then the very next song was something about God giving us hope.   I knew that things would get better…I just knew it.  God wouldn’t have taken me this far to let a little thing like this destroy his whole master plan for my life.  So I just hunkered down, thanked God for his blessing and waited for time to start healing my wounds.  I went out to Fuddrucker’s tonight and took along Joel Osteen’s book “Your Best Life Now.”  That was also in the package from Lakewood and I had never read it.  Can you believe that.  So the message was right for me…Instead of focusing on what you don’t have…focus on what you do have. 

I started thinking about what I do have…and the light broke through the storm clouds.  I have sooooo much right now.  I am truly blessed.  I have hoards a friends, prayer partners around the globe (Reji installed a tracker for this blog, and I have readers in Europe, Asia and Australia) a wonderful job, a wonderful future, a great family.  I just have sooo much to be thankful for right now.  I would be a fool to stay in my emotional fetal position and give up.  Like I learned to pray from Charles Stanley, I had a talk with God.  God I don’t like this…I don’t like it at all…but teach me what you want me to learn quickly so I can move on to some more of your blessings.  So what did God want me to learn?  Not to fall for hot chicks from Texas?  No…not necessarily.  But I think I could have been more wise in my reporting of it.  OK…confession time here.  I knew that X read the blog…and I was a little bit human.  I did want her to be a just a little bit jealous.  I know…that doesn’t reflect very well on my character and look what happened…it blew up in my face.  Pride goeth before the fall.  I sure skinned my knees on that one.  God is calling me to a higher plane of accountability right now.  To whom much has been given, much is required.  I better stay firmly planted on my knees If Im going to reach the great heights that God has set out for me. 

I also want to apologize for the bickering that has gone back and forth between my camp and the Texas camp.  I really just wanted to share about my feelings, as many of you have emailed me lauding me for my transparency and honesty.  I never meant to impinge on the character of my children.  They are the most wonderful kids in all the world.  I love and miss them very much.  If I could have them out with me full time, I’d do that in a Bahrain minute.  But I know that God has called me to serve out here.  That’s why I’m going to start volunteering to help lead the teens during our church service on Friday.  So If Im walking according to God’s ways..and I’m called to be here…I know that God will also take care of my children.  My trust needs to be absolutely rooted in him. 

I just got back from a birthday party for some friends of mine.  There were about 50 people there and I am developing some very close relationships.  It so uplifted and encouraged me to see these people.  I took Guy and introduced him to all of my friends.    Its really cool…they were excited to see me.  I feel like Im apart of the gang.  Im getting popular on the island.  Many people came up to me to tell me they heard me on the radio with Krazy Kevin.  That felt great.  So God is indeed ordering my steps.  So for the bombshell that happened…the emotional repercussions lasted just 36 hours…now I feel like Im headed back to the top of the world again.  Im truly blessed.  Thank you for your prayers…there was a time specifically in church this morning, where I could physically feel my spirit be lifted up.  I knew that someone somewhere was praying for me at that exact moment.  It felt great.  I appreciate all of you.  Im sorry if I let any of you down with my own sin and selfishness.  I hope you can forgive me if I offended you.  

No comments: