Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ms. Texas and being busy

Another day and another bevy of things to write about in this blog.  Things are getting so exciting here.  All I have to do is keep Seeking God…and everything will fall into place perfectly.  The last month I’ve been doing this thing where I start each day in prayer, dedicate myself and my mind to God and the bless the day.  I shimmy out of bed so my knees hit the floor before my feet do.  There’s nothing really spiritual about that, but it is a funny sight and reminds me to be humble before God.  So I’ve been doing that the past month or so…and now my life just seems to be getting better and better.  Joel Osteen always preaches..the path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter.  Im such testimony to that. 

Well…it was momentous day today.  I’ve only spoken with Ms. Texas on the phone and seen pictures.  The pictures were beautiful, but there is something different to seeing a live person.  I know I told you this before but im really into this girl.  I was afraid that she might not be physically attracted to me.  That is one of my issues…I always date and am only attracted to the girls way out of my league.  I have ridiculously high and nearly unattainable standards…so am I going to compromise…No way.  So I saw Ms. Texas’ webcam first…she’s gorgeous..Now came the vulnerable part.  I turned on my cam…and she thought I was cute…Woo-hoo…cute is good.  So I passed the all important test.  Im falling for Ms. Texas hard and fast.  I don’t have enough pages to tell you why.   But still it feels great to care about someone like this again.  I really miss it.  I think I might be in love…no…I’m pretty darn certain Im in love…No…I know Im in love.  Now that really bothers Tanya at work (who’s married to a great guy by the way) she just doesn’t want my heart to get hurt again.  That is very sweet…but im choosing to put my heart out there again.  Better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.  So I’ll keep putting my heart out there…again and again if I have to.  But one of these days, I’m going to meet the one…who knows…Ms. Texas might be it.  Time will tell.  I don’t have to worry about those details…All God called me to do was to Seek First…and he’ll handle the details. 

I love my job. Did I tell you that?  Im so active at work, I won’t call it busy because I don’t like intonation of that word.  Some people find security in their busy routine.  I don’t like to think of my self as ever being busy.  I just consider it days with more activity than other days.  There is so much buzz being generated by the acting classes.. People are generally excited.  I think the first session will sell out…and I’ll have to split them into two maybe three sessions.  We’ll see.  I talked to Waleed, about the Media City today.  The presentation was very well received.  We have a meeting next Tuesday with the higher ups at the investment bank.  This thing might come together quicker than I thought.  God is doing everything he said he was going to do right before my very eyes.  What I thought was too good to be true…is true.  What’s cool is that im an integral part of everything coming together.  God really is faithful.  Im a little bit in awe at the task at hand in front of me.  Can I really pull this off?  Well I m sure I can.  I know God is setting me up for success. 

I was invited to lead a small men’s group from my church.  I went and visited them today.  It was really cool.  I have so many positive things to say about my journey through loss, pain, hurt, grace and rebuilding.  The words just kind of flowed.  I think that is going to be a ministry area, teaching and encouraging while Im here.  Now Im just waiting for Ms. Texas to arrive…so I can have my nightly chat with her. 

2 comments:

annoymous said...

I agree with Tanya........slow down with the L word.

twoprincessgirls said...

amen! listen to tanya, rick! it's hard to not be "in love" with the idea of being in love! i'm not trying to rain on your parade but i think at least all 5 senses have to be involved b 4 you can declare L O V E!!!