Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Liking Guy more.... (pics below)

Yesterday Simi, my Indian office manager, came into my office giggling.  She said we really like Guy.  I said..wait you are not allowed to like him more than me.  She said..we already do…and she laughed..He’s everything you said he would be. She said.  It was a good laugh.  So I wrote a company wide email:

I realize that everyone loves Guy, but you aren't allowed to love him more than you love me...Otherwise, we'll have to let him go....It's a joke...We are all thrilled that he is on board the team.

Rick

 

We all had a good laugh about it.  So when I walked into the office this morning.  My picture was photocopied and put everywhere on the walls…with hearts and #1’s posted.  It was very very funny.  I took a picture of it with the girls on the staff that did it. I’ve posted the picture below.   It really was a hoot. 

I got a package from Lakewood today and I really was quite blown away.  I had mentioned to Jim Lewis, the men’s pastor that I’m starting a seeker sensitive group out here and if Lakewood could give me any materials.  Well I was quite blown away.  I got this large box filled with Joel Osteen’s DVD’s, books, pamphlets, CD’s music CD’s.  The whole works.  I was really quite overwhelmed at the support that they gave me.  Im thinking of starting the group on Monday.  I don’t want to call it a Bible Study, because that would turn too many people away.  So instead, I came up with a “positive living” small group.  We will share the truth and let the chips fall where they may.  I invited my Iraqi friend to join.  He was concerned at first since he is a borderline atheist…non-practicing muslim.  I thought it would be great to have a differing opinion.  I love the Iraqi.  Im not sure how it will look, but if we just present the truth, we can let the Holy Spirit do the rest of the work. 

I was scanning who would attend the group.  We have four members from my office that are Christians and said they wanted to come, Guy, Reji, Benie, and myself.  We also have two people on the fence about their spirituality that expressed interest that they wanted to come…so that would be 6.  6 of the 15 people in my office…can you believe that.  I might as well have a staff meeting.    I was also asked to lead another men’s small group that is much more into Bible Study and teaching.  I was honored that they wanted me, but I don’t want to spread myself too thin too quickly.  But then again…im here to serve wherever God would want me.  Im going to teaching probably 2-3 nights a week now, and if I do the one night for the seeker sensitive, and the other night for more heavy bible teaching, Im afraid I might burn out.  So I guess I’ll have to really feel how God is leading me on this one.  The good thing..is Im learning to live without a social life…not because one isn’t available…Im just don’t want it.  Especially with the interest from Ms. Texas.  Id much rather stay home and chat over an internet line than go to a smoky club with half drunk people dancing. 

Things are really heating up for the interest in the Acting School we are starting.  There is genuine excitement growing.  Its really cool.  Im still falling for Ms. Texas hard and fast.  We are trying to figure out a way to communicate through our busy schedules and the time differnce…what a pain that is turning out to be.  Where there is a will there is a way.  Since Im in a picture posting mood…I’ll post another picture of her too. 

Thanks for all the prayerful support you have given me.  Its totally working.  

No comments: