Monday, February 2, 2009

This is really happening!

OK…lots happened today…another one of those crazy days where five days worth of blog worthy items happen.  Last night, after Guy arrived, we went straight to quiz night.  It was just Guy, my friend Brett, the Australian, and myself.  We wound up winning a round and Guy loves quiz night…so I have a new partner for the quizzes.  We came back to the house slept for an hour, chatted with Ms. Texas…and then off to my friend’s Darren’s house for a Super Bowl party at 2am.  By halftime, Guy was really drifting so we decided to leave early.  Once we got back to the apartment, I watched until the fourth quarter but by 5 am, with the Steelers up 20-7 with the ball…with 10 minutes remaining…I figured…its over…I need the two hours sleep.  The next morning I woke up to see that the Cardinals scored 16 points in those 10 minutes in what was called the most exciting Super Bowl ever….AHHHHHHHH why don’t they have Tivo here.  Plus, since we are international, I didn’t see any of the commercials.  That’s a sacrifice you usually don’t see when signing up for the mission field.  Leave home check, experience a different culture check, live your faith share it when appropriate check, Miss all the commercials for the Super Bowl…ahhhhhh no……

Well I guess I can watch them all online. 

We had a fairly important, no make that potentially historic meeting at 3 today.  We met with a guy who saw my article in FACT magazine about Hollywood in Bahrain.  He has a proposal for a pretty amazing Media City to be built over 100,000 square meters.  Huge…I think it would be one of the biggest in Middle East maybe even Europe.  When we presented it to my friends the Investment Bank, they immediately jumped at the idea.  They wanted to set up a meeting with the heads of their firm right away.  It was all pretty exciting and mind blowing.  I was the one that brought these two together.  This is really going to happen.  Now my only concern is getting cut out of the deal.  When they were throwing around numbers like it’s a 50 million dollar project…Getting KSDi cut out, is not something I want to experience.  So I have to rely upon God, and my moxie to figure out how to stay involved.  Both parties, I trust, so that is a very good thing.  They both like me and value me.    It’s amazing…all three of the parties involved…have the same goal in mind…to change the world.  Well that and make money…but still.  All these things are coming together at the same time.  My contact at the Investment Bank whom I met through the Bahraini film festival, thought all the timing of everything coming together with me as the centerpiece was fate, like its meant to be.  Its cool to think about it.  This is really happening. 

I started a group on Facebook for the Screen Actor Training class I am starting.  It has been up for 48 hours and I already have 99 members in the group and at least 10 signed up for the class.  That’s really before any marketing which will happen in the next two weeks.  There is an amazing buzz going on about this.  There has never been anything like this in Bahrain .  People are very excited about it.  Im sooooo blessed. 

This time difference thing is really becoming a hindrance for my pursuit of beautiful women from Dallas.  It’s a hassle but where there is a will there’s a way.  I have to keep trusting God that he is taking me on this amazing journey…and that he’s going to handle all the details in regards to company cash flow, being the middle man in this potential mega deal, and falling in love and getting married again.  Everything is going to work on in God’s perfect timing.  If I try to rush it…I’ll surely screw it up.  Why do I always feel the need to rush…..?

No comments: