Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A really good day

What an incredibly busy day today.  I didn’t start off so well.  I had some discouraging news from home, but you know what it didn’t affect me.  I was ready for it.  I just immediately gave it over to God and he took the burden away from me.  As a matter of fact, when I was doing my talk/listen to God today, I felt very strongly impressed that it was going to be a great day for me.  You know what it was a great day, despite the setback.  God is indeed faithful. 

I must have completed about three days worth of work in one day.  It was incredibly efficient.  The acting classes start Saturday so that is taking up a great deal of my time in trying to promote them.  I have a hunch they are going to start small then exponentially grow once the word gets out.    I love talking to people about the classes when they call in.  If you’ve ever been in one of my classes you know I take a very unique approach.  It almost becomes part of my ministry.  A lot of people think its expensive acting classes but really cheap therapy.  I take my students on this guided meditation process as they relive their pasts.  The techniques I’ve developed over the years are very successful in helping the students connect with their emotions.  When I do this, there are always lots and lots of tears, even from the men.  As they connect with their pasts it becomes a bit cathartic for the students.  I’ve seen so many breakthroughs.  But the funniest part is when the breathroughs happens how surprised the actors are to have had them.  I get a lot of “I’ve completely forgotten about that” or “I’ve never told anyone about that before”  I always thought that it would make for a good TV show, and that is exactly what I’m going to do with it.  Hey, I’m a production company, might as well put it to good work.  So I have the crew and I’m going to start taping all the sessions.  It might turn into a TV series (Bahrain TV is interested) or a DVD series on acting techniques.  If nothing else, it will give the students some excitement when they think they are going to be a part of a show.  Im actually very excited about teaching the class here.  It’s never been done.  So in a way, Im a bit of a trendsetter.

I had a wonderful lunch with a couple of girls from a marketing company.  At first we talked business and how we were going to work together.  Then that meandered into acting and ultimately I told the story of my divorce and emotional rebirth.  They were absolutely mesmerized which was kind of funny.  I do tell my story often, I think that is part of my ministry.  I want to give people hope.  If I, at one point the happiest person on the planet, had everything stripped from me that I love, then am able to rebuild by the Grace of God and ultimately become better than stronger than before…then that gives them hope.  I think that is my calling.  Im in the hope givin/encouragement business.  The girls said something that stroked my ego today.  They told me that the word of me coming to Bahrain has quickly spread (just because of the Hollywood monicker) and there were a lot of people anxious to meet me.  That did make me feel great.  Now, I say that not out of ego.  But because of the label I got from the divorce where X told me that no one believed in me.  But now, I have dozens if not hundreds of people that believe in me but by the Grace of God that can happen.  It provides a certain measure of vindication.  I know that God has me on an incredible path, but its not my strength or skill.  Im convinced its him directing my paths.  Im finding incredible favor wherever I go. 

Im kind of anxious to go to sleep tonight so tomorrow can start even earlier.  Im looking forward to going into work tomorrow.  I stayed at the office til 9 tonight even.  I’m incredibly motivated right now.  I hope this will last. 

I have a interview with the Gulf Daily News tomorrow morning.  They are the giant paper on the Island.  I think they are the only publication that hasn’t covered us thus far.  My Ad Agency work at Design at Work in Houston sure has paid amazing dividends in the PR/self promotion department.  Im excited about the interview, it could provide some great coverage for KSDi.  I’m very thankful that Guy and Tanya are taking the sales stuff.  That allows me the opportunity to do what I’m good at, and what Im passionate about, and that is development and creative services.

I mentioned yesterday, Im in the midst of another short fast for my dear South African friend who lost his job.  Not only is facing having to find another job, he might be deported.  His visa is only good for another three weeks.  But what was great, is that our small group banded around the South African to support him.  So we are all praying and fasting for him from Sundown Wed. to Sun down Thursday.  Many of the other  South Africans in the group had never fasted before so it is all new to them.  Im honored they trusted me and God used me to help teach them this important aspect of the Christian walk.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  I went into my regula

No comments: