Saturday, February 21, 2009

Move over Stella...

I think I got my groove back.  OK…maybe only my little sister will snicker at that.  But I finally got my joy back.  It happened right as I was eating my traditional post-fast Whopper with Cheese.  I think I really was under spiritual attack.  And the fast was a key point for me overcoming it.  I think that is one of the reasons God specifically called me to go on this fast.  If you remember that the disciples were trying to cast out a spirit.   They couldn’t and Jesus could.  So they asked why they couldn’t.  Christ responded this spirit only comes out by prayer and fasting.  So I think the attacks that I had…and if you’ve been reading the blog its been pretty intense…were the kind that only could be conquered by fasting.  Well I think I made it, knock on wood.  The cloud lifted.  I had a really great day.  The first one in about two weeks.  It was good to eat after three days, so the whopper was a highlight.  As I was eating I spotted another article written about us in the Bahrain Tribune.  It was a long article too…very favorable.  Im learning the power of self-promotion.  The word “Hollywood” carries a lot of weight over here.  The fact that I worked there for nearly 10 years (1993-2001, its actually 8 but I round up for those doing the math that have issues).  People want to write and hear about that.  Im using it to my advantage to garner momentum for my company.  People contact me all the time, and Im able to connect diverse people together to help certain projects happen.  God is granting me favor.  Plus the more “branding” KSDi gets, the more work long term will be generated. 

I chatted with several new and interesting people on the computer.   Went to see Benjamin Button in the theater.  Ok..this is one aspect of Arab culture that I don’t like.  They talk in movies.  The couple next to me…talked the entire time.  The people in front took several cell phone calls as well as the people in back of me.  In the states, I’ve almost gotten into fistfights in movies when I called people out because of their behavior.  I don’t dare do that here.  Im a guest and a minority.  I know not to cause waves.  I have to be respectful of their culture even in the midst of them disrespecting it.  Its very hard.  The movie was quite nice, but I did miss a few key lines of dialogue and some of the more emotional moments with the distraction.

The highlight of the night was when I went out with the Australian Chef.  Yes…a date.  It was very very nice.  She was beautiful and very intelligent.  She is a chef for first class for Gulf Air.  So she has seen some pretty amazing things and have gone to some incredible places.  We were together for four hours talking non-stop.  We almost closed the restaurant, but there was one other Saudi in there that came late.  Still when we left, I had the feeling that neither one of us was wanting to leave.  Im not sure if this relationship will progress anywhere past the first date.  I think it will.  We are going to go to quiz night together tomorrow night.  But hopefully I’ll start learning my lesson and learn to go slower.  I say hopefully…but probably not.  But I can always have a goal.  I told Guy on the way to go to the movie today.  That I was looking forward to going into work tomorrow.   Im pretty blessed to be able to do that.  I think whenever I talk about my emotional life on this blog it gets the readers.  I guess its kind of like ratings week/or sweeps week.  So stay tuned.  I met a few prospects this week.  I start the acting classes next Saturday which will be filled with models and actresses.  Suddenly, my cup potentially runneth over.  Is this anyway for a missionary to talk.  Im not doing anything wrong.  This has been a long time coming.  Im very grateful and humble that I made it through the crap to get to this point.  But by the grace of God.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it'll get ratings up if i post so here i go! hee! hee! post some pics of the "Australian"! I'll close with the infamous...
"AJB" but you know who I am

p.s. glad to hear you are doing well! the fasting talk made me hungry so i'm going to go eat some ice cream.

Anonymous said...

love a sense of humor




















loved....glad the sun is starting to shine in your window

Anonymous said...

You go Stella. If other people didn't think that was funny then they are weird! Love you!

Kristen-The little sister