Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Art of Self Promotion

Every day gets a little better.  I can’t be on top all of the time.  I know that God is still in the process of working things out in my life, I just wish that he would hurry up.  We got some amazing coverage in a local magazine called Highlights no not the kids magazine this is another one.  They were really interested in the acting classes and gave us some great coverage.  The issue hits the streets today.  If you want to take a look at a copy of it, it can be viewed here http://www.ksdibahrain.com/ksdi_saw.php  There is a link on the page that states “Action:  The Beeman Effect. “ You can access it there if you so choose. 

Everyone in the office was so excited to see it.  We have several staff pictures in the article.  Many of them had never seen themselves in print before.  They were quite excited about it.  Priyesh was funny.  He saw his picture and he actually said more than three words in English for the first time ever I think.  With a big grin, he said “I want that magazine.”  The Filipina girls also were quite excited.  Yes it might be me on the cover as I take over for the face of KSDi, but we all view it as a team effort.  That is the kind of atmosphere I am trying to foster.  I believe it is working. 

Its been a great thing having Guy in the office.  It affords me the opportunity to play more of an executive role.  I had a meeting with Mo Loch (They call him white Mo, he’s an Egyptian, but you’d never guess he was an arab.)  He is trying to launch a joint partnership with his company and KSDi.  He’s a dynamic salesman, and he likes the work we do on video.  So he’s in a sense going to be an outside sales guy for us by forming this partnership.  He just wants his company’s name as the producer.  I have no issues with that, as long as he pays. 

Then I had another high powered meeting with this very very very important person.  But I’m not allowed to talk about it…which sucks.  But it was simply amazing.  Its one of those God’s favor things.  There are people being brought into my life right now, through some pretty amazing circumstances.  All I have to do really is just sit there.  For some reason, they feel compelled to help me.  That is God’s favor.  Im pretty blessed right now. 

I was asked by friend Casper at church to help lead his small group on Tuesday nights.  Its essentially me and a bunch of South Africans.  Its just so weird talking to white people that aren’t Americans.  But Im so glad Im apart of that group.  As Im sharing, it struck me as Im doling out wisdom I’ve learned from a lot a lot of pain that  I have something good to say to help people.  They seem to be very receptive and they remembered what I said the few weeks prior.  Im making an impact.  They are all married and have good jobs, yet, here I am the divorced guy, teaching them the tools that God has taught me.  I say that very humbly and in awe of the way God works.  He took a totally sucky thing in my life and is turning it into something beautiful.  I did tell the guys about my sucky week.  I had been espousing how great my life had been recently the week before and how much joy and hope I had.  I told them the wheels had come off as if I were to be made to practice what I preached.  I went through the dark times of this past week and now, Im on top again.  So that means 3.5 down days and now smooth sailing with a few choppy seas thrown in there every once in awhile.  I think that is a pretty good recovery period for a heart break.  God is indeed faithful.  

No comments: