Saturday, February 7, 2009

An American in Bahrain with a major crush on Ms. Texas

OK…Im thinking of changing the name of this blog from An American in Bahrain…to An American in Bahrain in hot pursuit of Ms. Texas.  She kind of has been dominating my emotional life, and that is a very good thing.  Im absolutely falling for her.  I know I’ll get criticized, but its my heart Im risking here.   The people that care about me, just don’t want to see me get hurt again as they know how much I was hurt in the past three years.  But really,  I kind of feel emotionally invincible.  I went through sooooooo much pain in my divorce, I don’t think I can ever hurt that much again.  So what doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger.  I can withstand heartbreak now, more than in the past, that’s why Im so wiling to risk my heart again.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.    Its weird how the relationship with Ms. Texas is evolving.  What started out as just emails, turned into in frequent chats, turned into routine chats, turned into phone calls, turned into video chats with phone calls.  We are totally connecting on a mental and spiritual level without any regards to the physical chemistry.  Now there is attraction on both sides, but you would think logically that just the mental connection would prove to be a good foundation.  Time will tell honestly, but I really admire her values.  The horrors that she went through and still survived to keep an incredible attitude really inspire me. 

So Ms. Texas and I had a cyber video chat date.  I woke up a little bit early on my sleep in day (Saturday) only to find out the internet connection was down in my apartment again.  Its very unreliable.  So I quickly headed over to a cyber café and logged on there to get Breakfast and a cyber date.  She happened to have a craving for bagels…so we had breakfast together which is kind of cool.  So we had a nice 2 hour conversation, and the girl is absolutely beautiful.  I told Guy, how do you figure a guy like me winds up with a beauty like that.  He said…”You don’t ask questions.”  So I am trying hard not to.  Thank the Lord, Im funny.  At least I think I am.  A sense of humor can go so far. 

Guy and I meandered down to the Gold City Souq (which is a bazaar with a bunch of Arabic stuff.)  The Indian merchants saw the two white guys and thought “Suckers…dead ahead!!!!”  They were right.  We kept getting besieged with the merchants trying to lure us into their store or their stand.  I tried to haggle a little…but I absolutely suck at it.  I overpaid, most likely for a few Arabic souvenirs, but still had a great time. 

After that I played Squash with Darren, my friend from church.  Darren is my age, a really nice guy.  I love the game of squash, its quite an aerobic workout.  I just get so drained everytime I play, which is weird because the court is smaller than a racquetball court, but it seems like you expend more energy.  The ball doesn’t hardly bounce at all so you have to run like crazy to everything.  I have a pretty good routine, through the week.  I lift weights every other day, and play an aerobic sport every other day.  Im the fittest I’ve been in years.  It feels pretty good. 

I keep meeting friends when Im going out, mostly all of them tell me they plan on taking my acting class.  Its getting a lot of buzz on the island.  I have two interviews next week with the local media about it.  There just hasn’t been anything like this done before.  That’s why they are so excited.  We will start our advertising next week too…so that should further enhance the coverage.  If its successful, the tuitions will help with our short term cash flow problems.  The future still looks great.  This will be a very important week for us. 

Thanks so much for your prayers.  We start our “Seeker-Sensitive” group on Mon. night.  What should we call it?  Its not a Bible Study, and small group sounds so churchy.  Any suggestions?  We’ll be watching a bunch of Joel Osteen DVD’s.  

No comments: