Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stuff I don't want to hear...

OK…I mention in this blog all the time, that God speaks to me.  We have these amazing conversations.  I met a wonderful gal, I’ve been chatting with from Texas who has the same thing happen to her.  She has conversations with God as well.  I thought it was just me, like I had a gift…but I think God wants to speak to all of us.  It just takes time and patience for us to tune and really listen to our voice. 

I often tell my story to many people.  It’s my testimony.  I always mention my role in the destruction of the marriage as it always takes two parties.  I remember my good friend from my Friday men’s group in CA.  Always used to lament the woes of his divorce and his strained relationship with his children.  He told me before I left how much my stories, pains, and struggles inspired him because of my good attitude.  He thought his divorce was bad but after hearing my stories…he was able to look at his situation in a different perspective.  It gave him hope.  I think that is one purpose God allows his people to suffer through trials and pains, so we can be an encouragement to others.  If we all keep it in perspective, someone always has it worse and someone always has it better.  That story is the converse of the situation with my new friend in Tx.  I always thought I had it bad in terms of divorce and the X.  Yet after hearing from Ms. TX, and all that she went through…maybe my story isn’t that bad after all compared to hers.  The crap that she went through is pretty unbelievable.  I really admire her for being able to keep her chin up despite everything.  It was just a very jarring reminder..I don’t have much to complain about.   God is in control of this all of it. 

So back on the God speaking to me part.  What if God speaks to me…and I don’t want to hear what he has to say?   That is what is confronting me this week.   I have been disappointed, I have hurt, and I have emerged.  I have become the man that He has always wanted me to be.  Yet I think God is speaking to me through his word and other people about things I don’t really want to hear.  Its not the plan that I have in my head.    How do I deal with that situation? I have adjusted to God’s plan finally, I don’t want to have to readjust to another plan.  I guess I’m thinking too much.  God is handling all the details in my life, I’m sure that these details will be no different.   I know God is faithful, but sometimes I just want to look up and say…Are you sure about this?   Ultimately, God will always prove to be faithful.  I just have to wait it out. 

It was an exciting and fun filled day in the office for me.  All weekend long I was dealing with the shoot in Oman.  It’s a little more challenging planning shoots here than in the US because of all the VISA issues.  If you are an American, from UK, or Australia, you can come and go anywhere you please, but everywhere else it’s a bit of a hassle.  So Armand my South African photographer went to the Omanian embassy, waited in line for an hour, was told by one person, that he absolutely cannot get in without a visa and that takes three days.  He asked another worker and they said, he could get his visa at the Oman airport with no problem.  Same place two very different answers.  Then my Ukranian make up artist went to get her visa.  She’s married to a Bahraini and has got her passport same day many times before.  So she got her visa only they gave her a Visa going to Jordan ????  So she went back and they gave her a Visa, but only if she was accompanied by her husband.  Keep in mind while this is going on, the high maintenance client is calling me literally every 30 minutes to check on the status.  Fortunately my new friend, the talent agent, had a make up artist from Canada who was available on short notice…and when I say short notice, I mean two hour notice.  So she came on board and saved the day.  So they made it to the Airport to leave.  Im not sure yet if they made it past the Oman border though.  I’m hoping my telephone doesn’t ring anymore tonight. 

We also had some good news.  We got a fairly large client for a lot of work over the next three months.  Formula One racing is very popular out here…really its popular everywhere in the world with the exception of the U.S.  So they are starting something called P1 out here, which is Formula 1 for boats out here.  It should be a pretty cool gig. 

It was weird…I was in a funk most of the day.  I had another confrontation with X and her new hubby last night.  So that was bothering me.  Yet when I was driving back from lunch today listening to Hall & Oates on my ipod (She’s Gone, and Rich Girl), suddenly the cloud over my day brightened and my attitude improved.  My joy came back.  So I was wondering.  Am I the first person ever in the world that God has used Hall & Oates to speak to?  

1 comment:

elena said...

this made me laugh...hall & oates...you gotta love God's sense of humor...