Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Guy, Ms. Texas, and Seeking First

Wow…am I spent.  What a great day of activity it was.  Intellectually I was going all day.  We have a ticket booked for Guy, he’s going to get here on Monday.  Im excited about him coming.  Since he’s going to focus primarily on sales, I can keep focused on making movies, my true passion.  I am actually a really good salesman, but I think Im a better filmmaker.  So its all a part of being balanced.  We are starting the acting school in mid-Feb.  So to promote it and our ventures, we did a press release that went out wide yesterday.  We were in a few publications already, but due to the nature of the piece as a feature, its more likely going to go to print on the weekend editions.  But we did have a reporter from a local paper and her photographer come to interview Khalifa and I for her paper.  We spoke about two hours with her.  She was from Sweden a former Gulf Air hostess turned reporter.  She was really smart.  A lot of our goals and objectives culturally match hers since she’s a long time expat too. 

Im really falling for Ms. Texas…I know surprise surprise.  But she’s a pretty special girl.  Beautiful, heart for God, engaging personality.  You’d think I’d be able to find a hot Gulf air flight attendant here…wait…I have…but …im not really interested in pursuing any type of relationship if God isn’t part of the picture.  Guy’s motto coming in…lets save  em so we can date em.  Which kind of made me laugh.  Im very excited about him getting here.  So back to Ms. Texas.  I love being a blessing to others.  Not just beautiful blondes with amazing eyes….but everyone.  Like, giving Priyesh, our office boy who makes only $250 a month, and sends half of it home some extra stuff.  I’m always giving him stuff, lunches, dinners, $20 here and there.  Not just him, but I try to do something nice for most people in the office…It brings me a lot of joy.  I make so much more money than all of them, comparatively speaking, I like to spread the wealth around a little so to speak. I want to be really really rich, so I can give it all away.  So anyways, Ms. Texas was having a really hard week last week because of her X…(Yeah…like I can’t relate to that lol….)  So I found a day spa next to her, and ordered her a spa treatment, facial, manicure, etc…  I gave her the phone number and told her to call for her surprise.  This was last week.  She has been going on and on and on about it ever since.  She is going there…wait…I think she is there at this moment right now.  I called ahead to order her favorite flowers too to be waiting there.  (Oh crap…I hope Erica isn’t jealous…maybe she won’t read this entry).  So being a blessing is something I just love to do.  When I was married, I had traveled four hours sometimes just to bring X her favorite Krispy Kreme donut, or woken up and driven to the store at 3:00 AM when she was craving Ben and Jerry’s.  I love to make people happy no matter what the inconvenience on my part.  In fact I don’t look at like an inconvenience, I look at it like a privilege.  Maybe it’s a love language thing or something.  So what really struck me about Ms. Texas and this little token, is that no one ever had done anything like that for her before.  She was quite blown away by it.  That made it even more fun for me. 

Yesterday, I shared and I thought it might be perceived as egotistical so I wanted to explain.  I mentioned, that other than my strained relationship and distance from my kids, I feel like my life is really hitting a new peak right now.  And the peak seems to be getting higher and higher.  Im convinced, I’ve reached this point, not on my own strength, or talent, or relationships.  I feel like Im being blessed solely because Im seeking God first…and keeping all of his commandments.  I feel so overwhelmed with blessings right now.  God is so faithful.  I had to weather the storm of the past three years and I’ve emerged…by the grace of God.  I didn’t think I would.  But I was faithful to him for the most part with a few missteps, and God in return was faithful to me.  I have this friend here that is battling a real spiritual battle.  He just wants to give up.  Many of the things I experienced he is going through now.  I keep encouraging him…I know exactly how you feel.  Just trudge forward…keep on going.  Its not about feeling its about faith.  Things will get better and sometimes it takes them a long time to get better…but they still do.  I think Im a living testimony to the friend to keep going.  Im fortunate, God helped me through the storm, so I can help other people through their storms.  

No comments: