Sunday, January 25, 2009

Divine appointments

Another great day here.  So what happened that was great today?  Not really much of anything, but Im living my life right right now, so I’m overflowing with peace and joy which is cool.  Because I don’t have to have anything external happen to make me happy.  Wait…I just thought of something.  Had a very nice and long chat with Ms. Texas, so I guess something good did happen to me today.  I posted a picture of her and other new pics below if you want to check them out.

Its so interesting the way my career is turning.  Being on the other side of the desk feels great.  I had several meetings today.  The first was with a lady that built a small theater (seats around 50) and she wanted me to use it for my acting classes that I’m starting up here.  She was very excited about the plans we have. 

Then I had several appointments in the afternoon with people wanting to see me.  Apparently they think Im important or something…I am.  It’s a really cool feeling.  The first was a Bahraini Composer.  I listened to about 20 seconds of his demo before I knew this guy was talented.  I think that is one of my gifts.  As a director I can spot talent rather easily.  Its also very easy for me to spot character as well.  But I got that latter talent because of the pain of my divorce.  I was pretty naïve and gullible before so life taught be some hard lessons. 

The final appointment was with Suresh, one of the directors and organizers of the film festival.  His film was very good, but we didn’t want to give him too many awards because we wanted to encourage the other filmmakers and spread the awards around.  Suresh wanted me to meet his editor.  His editor, Lio, had a great demo reel.  I’ll hire him as soon as our cash flow and activity warrant it.  I was telling them all about the great plans we have for developing the film industry.  It seems like all the pieces are falling together for it.  Im kind of in the middle introducing folks and helping facilitate the dream.  Everyone believes in me out here…which is an incredible tool.  I know that if I obey the word of the Lord everything  I touch will prosper and succeed.   So God will bless me.  So when I declare everything that Im going to do, I speak it with a measure of faith.  Like Elijah spoke things that were not as if they were in the valley of the Dry Bones. 

Let me give you a tangible example.  I told you last week that a guy by the name of Walid wants to build a Media City in Bahrain with film studios, production facilities, animation facilities, edit bays etc.  I was telling Suresh about this and he got very excited.  He works for a bank that does investment in real estate and other projects.  He tells me they are developing a large/giant residential complex with plans to launch a media city.  So, he was very anxious to talk with the man with the plans for that.  I am the facilitator with those two.  God is just placing me at strategic places meeting the right people.  I’m blessed because Im not really doing anything under my own power. 

I have always been a dreamer and an optimist.  I went through the dark period…now Im a dreamer once again.  Only this time, all my dreams are coming true.  And people all around me believe in me.  God is really setting me up for some great things. 

Im meeting with JP Cormier again tomorrow before he heads back to the states.  I think he wanted to see me before he left.  He’s going through some personal crap right now, and Im in a unique position to be able to minister to him.  He claimed to me, that he was the most unique Christian I was ever going to meet.  I think he might be right.  I can’t wait to tell his story.  He wants to change the world just like me.  So I get to tell his story and help JP change the world.  What an awesome responsibility that is. 

I think, if it wasn’t obvious I might be falling for Ms. Texas.  For those of you faithful readers of the blog, will realize…I think I fall quite easily.  But this girl…is pretty amazing.  More details on her at a later blog date.  

No comments: