Sunday, January 18, 2009

Busy Busy day just not a lot to say about it

Very busy day today.  We are so busy, but the cash flow situation is tight at work.  Cash is king during this recession that is what Nader keeps drilling into my head.  We have a bunch of huge proposals going out this week any number of them would be fantastic to land.  Plus, there is a lot of potential cash out there with the acting classes I’m starting and the archive picture sale.  We have a gallery coming in Monday or Tuesday and hopefully they’ll make a big purchase.  That would take the pressure off.  The long term future looks great….but the short term is kind of tight.

I went out and got a new client today.  I had met this German girl at the Ritz Carlton a few weeks back.  She’s the marketing director at Banyan Tree Resort, an amazing luxury spa/resort.  I was just blown away by its opulence.  So we are becoming a preferred vendor for them in the wedding department and a few other projects.  It was nice. She’s apart of a group of friends that are my age 30’s-40’s that is appealing to me.  I like the younger people, but their lives seem to revolve around the drinking, the clubbing and the carousing.  That just turns my stomach.  Those of you that know me best know why.  I don’t need that lifestyle.  Its nice because im starting to make really good friends in other venues.  I’ve had a quite a few people remark how quickly I’ve adapted socially out here.  I take that as a nice compliment.  All I’m trying to do is be nice and personable. 

Tonight was quiz night at JJ’s the Irish Pub.  They have the most amazing fish and chips there.  So this is my fourth night and fourth different team.  It’s a great way to get to know people.  We won the Film/TV round per usual.  I have a bit of an unfair advantage since I am in that industry.  We came close the other categories.  Its still a great time out.  Its variety that I like the best.  The only problem is the second hand smoke. Its really starting to bother me.  So many people drink and smoke out here.  Its rare when you don’t smoke. 

Its amazing, how busy and productive I was today, but just not a lot to report.  I’m still in awe from the activity of last week perhaps.  I really appreciate the comments and emails that I get in response to this blogs.  Its strange, I’ll go through my day and sometime feel just a heaviness on my heart for no real reason.  Then that heaviness lifts for equally an inexplicable reason.  Its at moments like that I can feel that someone somewhere in the world that someone is praying for me.  That is a very good feeling. 

I’m going to cut this short tonight…I’m pretty tired.  Your prayers are continued to be coveted, especially for my kids.  

No comments: