Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another magical day...

Magic…what a magical day it was, simply magical.  Im having more and more of these so I think its becoming a trend.  First of all it started out with me waking up at 4 am…and chatting with Ms. Texas for an hour.  Its hard to connect with the time change.  The spa day for her went over very well.  When she got there…the workers were buzzing…Oh so you’re…Ms. Texas….  They went on and on…how they wish their spouse/significant others would do something considerate like that for them.  I had her favorite flowers delivered to the spa too.  She had never had anyone pamper her like that before so it made her feel incredibly special.  And thus, because she was so genuinely appreciative, made me feel special.  I love doing that kind of stuff for people I care about.  I did that sort of thing for X all the time, but it had the opposite effect after awhile, the more I did the less she respected me in the end.  I did love X dearly…but not in the way she desired me to love her.  Its quite tragic really. 

Im looking forward to being in love again.  So looking forward to it that I might be overanxious at times.  My dear friends are always cautioning me to slow down, they don’t want to see me get hurt again since they know the amount of pain I endured with my divorce.  Like Tanya at work today, she was genuinely concerned about me protecting my heart.  Well…I keep putting it out there over and over.  I think it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all.  So I will continue to throw it out there.  Even if it does get damaged in the process, I always have God there for the true comfort.  That said…Ms. Texas is pretty darn special, it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

I took the staff out to celebrate my passing the probationary period to dinner and a movie.  They were quite excited about it.  Since we have so many Indians in the office, I thought Slumdog Millionaire would be perfect.  It absolutely was.  Priyesh, our quite Indian office boy, doesn’t know much English…in fact…in the three months we probably haven’t spoken more that 12 words to each other…not because its adversarial…he’s just so timid with his speech.  We communicate through body language.  So he told me he didn’t want to see the movie because he doesn’t know English very well.  Jerrilyn, sweetly grabbed his arm…and said Priyesh, come with me you will be my partner (date).  That lightened the load for Pryesh, so he went and wound up having a great time.  Half the movie is in Hindi, so he could understand most of it.  It really is a beautiful film, if you haven’t seen it, it’s a must see.  Im really pulling for it to do well at the Oscars.  Because Hollywood follows trends.  If they think the trend is to follow non-american, east/middle eastern stories…guess what that could do for me?  We are positioned perfectly for this.  It seems like all these factors are coming together at the perfect time.  I have a meeting on Monday, with the guy that has his designs on building a Media city out here…and a bank that wants to finance it.  Im putting the two parties together, so KSDi, can manage it.  God’s favor is soooooo good right now. 

I put up my notice on Facebook that Im starting the acting school, and its creating quite a bit of buzz.  They’ve never had anything like that out here.  In CA and Texas there were several schools.  But its wide open here.  Im talking with some execs at Bahrain TV to try to create a program about the classes to air on their channel.  So much is happening.  Im just on a spiritual high right now.  I have to remember the warning of T.D. Jakes, “Don’t let your highs get too high, nor your lows get too low.”  Ive been so low over the last few years, these highs seem even higher than they actually are.  Im blessed and living proof…that God works. 

Guy is getting here on Saturday.  We are both so jazzed about it.  We are going to take this island by storm.  God is so faithful.  Wow…Im just amazed by all of this. 

Oh…get this…tomorrow, I was invited to a special model’s night at a club.  It’s invitation only and I guess  I made the cut.  My reputation as a person that you need to know…is growing.  Which is kind of weird, because its so egotistical, and so LA.  That really turned me off about LA.  But my past work is actually quite an asset from a marketing/PR standpoint.  So all these models, have expressed interest in joining my acting classes.  So for me it truly is a networking opportunity.  Im pretty darn lucky.  Guy is going to miss it by a day…lol….

No comments: