Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Probation, newspapers and folk music

Wow what an activity filled day.  I was mentioning this to a friend earlier…I really don’t waste anytime at all over here…unless I purposefully choose to do so.  You would think a single guy like me, living in a foreign country knowing no one when I came over here exactly three months ago would have a lot of time on his hands.  That is absolutely not the case.  Now I’m even choosing not to go out to the night spots and im still filling my quota for social activity.  I got invited to a dinner that Nabs hosts every Wed. night at his house.  A guy by the name of, I think Russ, made homemade pasta.  It was delicious.  The first home cooked meal (not counting Christmas) I’ve had in months.  It was absolutely delicious.  There were about 20 people there from all over the world.  It was a great great time.  I took the Romanian…or was it she took me.  Again this Romainian thing is strictly platonic because I really like her boyfriend/pilot.  But Its still nice to have a dear dear friend like her.  We just laughed and laughed and laughed at the dinner.  There is a guy by the name of Tariq.  Tariq is a good looking guy, ½ Bahraini, ½ English.  He is hilarious…and very very talented.  Im sure we are going to work together someday. 

 

We had another article come out about us in the paper.  This one was slanted more towards the acting school side of things.  There is huge interest in that out here.  It really surprised me…but there is nothing like it here.  Im expecting a huge response once we figure out how to market it properly.  This week has been a great week in terms of cash flow.  Spirits and the balance at the office is extremely high.  God is totally blessing me in every facet right now, except my children.  My relationship with them will come around and that is how God is speaking to me about them..  Im a little hesitant to contact them which is awful I know.  But the last few times I’ve tried, the conversations have been very unpleasant and wound up with them hanging up on me.  I long for a good relationship with my children, but its almost as if they have to choose not to have one with me, because they are in the middle of a very ugly situation.  They have to live with their even though truth might be skewed in her eyes…thus skewed in their eyes.   I pray for them every day and wish there was some miracle that could happen to where they could join or merely visit me.  But X would not allow that.  But My God is powerful, so if you are praying for me, please prayer that I can be reunited with my children.  I think I can raise them is a very positive God fearing home. 

 

My three month probation was up today.  That was in the back of my mind bothering me just a bit.  I had to remind Nader, but I passed the probation and am now a permanent employee, at least for the duration of my year contract.  That was a little bit of a relief and a little bit of a blessing too.  Things are headed in the right direction.  All the goals that God has laid upon my heart personally and professionally are coming to pass.  I am very grateful to have such an exciting and well paying job in the midst of the global recession.  It is hitting Bahrain too.  Especially hit is Dubai…which essentially founded their economic structure on banking and the financial industry.  Many expats are abandoning their cars on the highway and at the airport and doing a “runner” leaving all the debts behind and fleeing the country before the creditors can get them.  It is a bad situation there.  Our company thus far seems to be withstanding the storm and even flourishing.  If there is any industry that is almost recession proof is the press/entertainment industry.  Even during the Great Depression movies still thrived.  People need the entertainment as a means of escape. 

 

We have a Canadian folk artist coming into town tomorrow.  We are going to do his concert DVD.  This is KSDI’s first foray into entertainment.  I hope it’s the first of many to come.  If you want to see a copy of the article in the paper or the magazine article, email me and I’ll send you a copy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read the article. It was great. I am proud of you. I know that you are going through some hard times with the kids and I really think that sucks. I was horrified to hear of them hanging up on you. That is a learned behavior and a immature way out of a conversation. I love you! Hang in there! Things will get better.

Kristen