Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Day Elvis Died....I own that one.

It was another one of those days where a week’s worth of blog items happen in one day.  Im getting more and more of those.  I was telling Ms. Texas, that I feel the gates of heaven are pouring down their blessing on me.  I went into work today and Benny our new accountant was reading Joel Osteen’s new book, Become a better you.  So get this…I go to Osteen’s church when Im in Houston, My IT guy Reji, has read about 4-5 books from John Osteen and downloads Lakewood and Bennie, the new Filipino accountant downloads Joel as I do.  So what are the odds of that..an Indian, Filipino, and an American with the Osteen connection working together ½ across the world in a Muslim country.  Plus, I’m starting that Bible Study/church and Lakewood is sending me a bunch of DVD’s/CD’s and books to help start it.  There is a divine plan at play here. 

I was telling Tanya (Khalifa’s daughter, my sales manager and dear friend) about Bennie praying for the cash flow of the company and then getting the equivalent of $18,000 the next day.  So Tanya…in jest I think, asked Bennie to pray for our meeting the next day as Tanya was nervous.  So Bennie said she would.  The rather important meeting went very well today.  Tanya was so relieved.  On the way out she remarked, she felt the prayers really worked and made a difference because she was so relaxed and felt the meeting was flawless.  You never know what seeds you plant, even by just a little prayer. 

Nader’s friend brought in a folk/bluegrass musician who happens to be pretty popular in Canada, J.P. Cormier.  Guy, the canuck that is coming out to work with me had heard of him.  So I suggested that we cover the concert and Nader approached JP and he was all for it.  So as I was interviewing him, a biography with a couple of songs turned into a two hour feature length concert film.  Its going to be fabulous.  JP is a fascinating guy.  He mentioned in our interview that amongst his musical influences were Gordon Lightfoot, The Kingston Trio, Elvis, Sinatra, and a bunch of bluegrassers I’ve never heard of.  When I mentioned that I did a biography on Elvis, he said which one?  I said, The Day Elvis Died.  He responded…”I own that one.  It plays a lot in Canada.”  That made me feel great.  (Do you remember when we taped that?)

I think JP started to trust me, he really opened up about his personal life in what was a great great interview.  I found God’s favor as he respected me.  Its very important that a well-know artist like JP respect me…in order to do my best work.  This is KSDI’s first foray into the Entertainment properties and hopefully many more to come. 

I got invited to a birthday party at a club.  So I met the birthday girl, stayed for about 30 minutes and left.  Clubs are boring, dancing or no dancing.  I’d much rather come home blog, chat with Ms. Texas or sleep.  Speaking of sleep, Its 3:00 AM, I should sleep.  Tomorrow I have church, the second part of JP’s interview, Jp’s second concert, and three birthday parties to attend. All that on a day off.   Life is full of activity.  Gods storehouses certainly are being opened on my behalf.  

No comments: