Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This is the day the Lord has made...

Wow…I had about a month’s worth of blogging happen to me tonight.  There is so much to write about, it will probably wind up to be my shortest entry yet.  I was asked to judge a Bahraini film festival…which is kind of a nice honor.  I met another Bahraini filmmaker who was another one of the judges.  This guy is nice and connected.  Im certain we are going to work together.  This is really going to happen.  I have to pinch myself.  We are going to be producing feature films in Bahrain.  God is setting up all the details.  Its just strange that I spend 10 years in Los Angeles trying to make it in films…then I come halfway across the world to do it.  Its pretty cool.  The films we watched were made my amateurs.  Some were absolutely painful to watch.  We have 15 films we have to judge.  Most were done by Indians.  Bollywood is a huge industry.  More movies are made in Bollywood than in Hollywood.  Indians films are kind of funny to watch.  They are so melodramatic.  Then right smack dab in the middle of the action scene…they break out into a song that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.  So Indians love movies. 

I went to a Bible Study tonight with my church.  I was the new guy.  They all knew each other quite well…which is fine with me.  Im getting really comfortable in social situations.  They asked to share a verse that meant a lot to you in the past year.  So I shared:  “This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.”  I gave the general version of my story for the past three years and said I couldn’t get out of bed for two years until I said that verse.  But with everything that has transpired..now I say that verse when I get out of bed…I mean it.  When I say God is faithful he is indeed faithful.  He is using the pain that I endured and overcame to minister to others.  It was interesting…as I finished my story…the group had a little bit of a hard time keeping their mouths from gaping open in shock.  They all were quite appreciative of me sharing.  That got me to thinking.  When I was in high school, college, even the first 10 years in LA…I was very hesitant to share my faith with non-believers.  I was scared and nervous.  I didn’t know how to do it.  That’s pretty sad coming from a guy that grew up in church.  Now…Its as easy to talk about my faith as it is to talk about my favorite movie or sports team.  We talk about what we are passionate about.  So if you are having difficulty witnessing or sharing your faith you might want to check what you are most passionate about first. 

OK…I was going to write about Ashurah tonight since that is what partially moved me tonight.  Instead I’ll have to share it tomorrow…why…because its 3am, but the crazy part is that im not tired yet.  You know I may make a big deal about the pain I went through but honestly, the reason why I go into detail is to show people God’s faithfulness.  People look at me like they think I had it rough.  Well…everything gets put into perspective eventually.  As much as I might bellyache or moan, I have it easy compared to others.  I met a guy earlier this week that was in an extreme amount of pain and doubt.  Compared to him…I have no problems.  Then I met this other remarkable Girl from Texas.  This girl is pretty special.  I thought my life was going to be transformed into a Made for TV movie.  But this girl’s story is so much more dramatic Its got theatrical release all over it.  I only got a fraction of the story and it was my mouth that was gaping open in shock.  She has the most positive of attitudes as well.  With as much loss that she has endured, its hard to imagine anyone being happy or content.  Well this girl has figured it out.  On top of all that….She’s beautiful.  Yeah…Life could be worse.  

No comments: