Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1 or 10,000

I installed a stat counter on this blogspot…Well I didn’t…I had Reji..our IT guy do it.  I was just curious how many people were accessing it.  Before I came over here, God had laid it on my heart to write a book about my divorce and how I overcame the hurt, pain and rejection.  Somehow…this blog is the result of that.  Im honored that I have so many readers…supporters…and prayer partners.   Im really blessed.  But then I got to thinking.  The stats…isn’t that just the flesh talking?  I just read about David when he took the census when he was King.  The sin was he was placing his faith in numbers and not God who had provided again and again for him.  I worked for a few churches and missions organizations.  They were very concerned about their numbers.  Its like a Christian scorecard, how many people raised their hand at the end of the service meant validation or valuation for them.  That so turned me off… I think it comes down to the parable of the lost sheep…where the shepherd left the 99 to find the one.  That made me think of my calling to Taiwan when I was there with my entire family in 2003, pretty much before this year, the highlight of my life.  Im convinced, that God sent us over there…an entire family no less, to reach one man, a guy by the name of Kidd…who will be my lifelong friend.  The first thing Kidd said to me…you are from America, why did you come to Taiwan?   Well I didn’t realize at the time, I came to Taiwan just for him.  But what made the real difference is not what I did…but its what God did to me by serving him.  That created a hunger and desire to serve him that has never dissipated.  Every Christ follower should go on a missions trip…it absolutely changes your life.  This is the one thing that the Jehovah’s Witnesses, and the Mormon’s got right, the forced two year missions assignments.  Well that and the snazzy bikes. 

So I was completely fulfilled knowing that I reached one person in Taiwan (I know we as a family reached more, but I think that was our primary purpose).  So now God has laid a grand scheme on my heart.  He has told me so many amazing things that are about to happen to me.  I know by faith that they will…because everything he has told me in the past has come to pass with a few exceptions…and the clock is still ticking on those.  So that gives me the faith that He’ll do what he says he’s going to do.  I’ll give you two examples of the stuff going to come down the pike.  There are really over 15 things he’s laid on my heart in the last six months.  1. Whomever my next wife will be will have a ministry to over 10,000 which I will be in a supportive role.  2. I am going to start a church.  OK…one more…and #3 is a little vague…I’m going to change the world.  It was interesting as Khalifa and I were talking to the reporter yesterday.  He mentioned that Mr. Beeman (what he calls me) is going to change the world.  You know what…he believed it.  I have a lot of other people around me believing it too.  I believe it whole-heartedly for the simple reason that if God said it…then its going to happen.  So the more faith I have in that…the more that faith spreads, its infectious.  Its like everything is being mobilized.  God is placing me in key situations…through divine appointments and circumstances.  I’m just trying to do my best…to keep after him. 

Ms. Texas..came back from her spa day on cloud 9.  I called ahead and had her favorite flowers waiting for her.  The girls at the salon, she told me,…went on and on how they wished their man would be that considerate…cha-ching…bonus points woo-hoo….  Its nice being a blessing to someone that generally appreciates it.  It just makes you want to do more…and I will. 

I really appreciate you reading this.  Its nice to have your support behind me…it gives me strength.  I can’t do it alone…and you are part of my journey.  You are going to change the world too…right along side of me. 

Guy arrives on Sunday…Life is pretty darn good.  

2 comments:

Jeff Crispi said...

Hey Rick,
Sounds like things are as wild as ever out there. Good to be busy too.

Come by my blog if you get a chance. It may interest your cinematic sensibilities. And if you ever want to give your $.02, please do.

Rick Beeman said...

I will check it out...thanks Jeff. Im glad things are cooking for you too.