Friday, January 23, 2009

Loving life

I pretty much love my life right now.  Im convinced that this amount of joy is directly connected with the fire within my spiritual walk right now.  I am so blessed finding favor wherever I go, and in my mind doing nothing really to deserve it except be myself.  This peace that Im experiencing is important because I never thought it would be possible for me to attain it after my divorce, yet here I am.  I still long for someone to love and for a restored relationship with my children, but other than that, I’m on top of the world.  I have a great job, great social life, great friends, great future, there are just a lot of positives overflowing in my life right now.

Im starting to become really good friends with J.P. Cormier (Google him).  He really is quite popular though I never heard of him prior to this week.  He and I just connected and we are friends.  I think it has to do with three important things.  1. We are both artists  2. We both use our artistry to reach others. 3 and most importantly We are both are Christ followers.  Because we have both traveled the world we see our faith different than most.  I think you will find that with most Christ followers that live overseas.   I Grew up with a such a narrow view of Christianity.  You need to believe our way because our way is right and everyone else’s is wrong.  I believed that because I was spoon fed it.  Now I believe there are a lot of right ways in order to reach God.  J.P. shared the same passion. 

After an amazing interview with session, he cried (that is a wonderful thing as and interviews to have your subject cry.  It means they are being completely honest and that I’ve made them feel safe.)  We also embraced afterwards.  He was very appreciative of my interview technique saying multiple times, I give a great interview.  He also remarked that this is the first interview he ever gave where he was NOT holding an instrument in his hand.  I guess that is his security blanket.  I like to get really deep and psychological when I interview.  Many subjects respond very well to this.  For them it’s a form of therapy, which I love.  I think my being so intense in the interview he was able to release a few things that had been hidden in his psyche for a long time.  I think it also gave him a little clarity to how he became the person he is.  He was very appreciative of that.  He invited me to a private birthday party that someone was throwing for him (He turned 40 today).  I showed up and met some fabulous folks.  JP remarked that he was really glad I came.  I think he wants to be my friend.  There is just something about me…I think its my countenance because of what Christ has done in my life.  Plus he’s going through some pretty major marital difficulties and Im the expert on that unfortunately.  JP trusts me, and apparently form what his friends tell me that is rare.  I take it as a great honor.  Im so excited to work on his concert film.  When it is finished, it is going to be fabulous.  I’ll try to post some pics soon.  I better go to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open.  I’ll try to post some new pics in two days. 

Thanks for your continued prayers and support.  

No comments: