Friday, January 16, 2009

And the winner is....

Wow…I had about a month’s worth of things happen to me within about an 8 hour period.  My head is still spinning a bit.  First of all, I had a wannabe actor come in yesterday and he wanted me to cut his acting demo reel together for him.  He wants it to audition when he gets back to the states.  He said he found me because his brother had read about me in FACT magazine.  Well he dropped his demo material off and brought his brother by.  His brother is young, 22 but extremely sharp.  He comes from a lot of money and is connected within the Bahraini finance community.  His objective is to build a media city, larger than dubai or Abu Dhabi.  A facility with several sound stages, production facilities, post-production, computer animation, basically everything.  The guy already has some major Hollywood players interested.  So get this, in two days I meet a guy who wants me to give him content so he can pitch it to the power brokers to get the green light for production.  Then I meet another guy who can bankroll building the facility.  So one guy finds the money, the other guy finds the place to make it.  My role is to bring the two guys together .  Im getting all these divine appointments from all over the island.  The amazing part is, Im not having to do anything to bring these people…they are coming to me.  Im truly finding God’s favor in everywhere that I go.  At this point all these amazing divine connections almost fall into the “too good to be true” category.  I’ve been talking with God about this.  He has told me, “Im a too good to be true God, that’s why many don’t believe in me, but I am true.”  So I will leave it at that.  God has pretty much done some amazing things in my life, there is no reason to doubt him now. 

I met up with the Romanian after.  I don’t think I updated those of you that follow the soap opera aspect of this blog.  She got back together with the pilot, so I’ve been seeing her less, but she still remains my very dear friend.  The Romanian went with me to the first Bahraini film festival.  Since I was a judge they wanted me to be a part of it.  I was blown away by the event.  They must have had about 1000 people there, all very dressed up and excited.  In a sense this was their equivalent of Oscar night and they treated it as such.  They seemed quite honored to have me there and thus I was honored to feel honored.  There were many filmmakers that wanted to meet me because of what I represent.  I was able to encourage a few of the young talented actresses and directors that I met.  Khalifa was sick, so he was unable to attend.  There must have been about 10 members of the press both, photo and video covering the event.  I truly felt like a celebrity.  That was a very nice feeling.  They invited me to share so I spoke to the audience about my Hollywood experience, encouraging them to keep their passion and dreams, only to add vision to the mix.  They got very enthusiastic when I told them about the Hollywood happenings of the past week.  They got even more excited when I told them we were going to help them develop their talent by starting an acting school and filmmaker’s workshops.  I had to stop for the applause each time.  I was really working the room.  After, they gave each of us jury members a special commemorative award as a sign of appreciation.  It’s awesome, I have a special place in my apartment with all my special memento’s and that is certainly a welcome addition to it.  After the awards ceremony, I had several filmmakers want to take my pictures with them.  I’ll post the pics in two days.  It was just an awesome night.  At the end of my little speech…I encouraged them…”We all can change the world…and we can change the world through our media.”  The Romanian, was very proud of me, and told me it was wonderful. 

We scooted out, as she wanted me to meet her boyfriend/pilot.  I once was wanting to be romantically attached to her, so the thought of meeting her boyfriend was like peeling my fingernails off.  But I think I might have found another potential romantic attachment (more details in coming blogs, keep reading).  So the idea of meeting him was not so bad…plus I felt kind of prompted by God to do so anyway.  So I went to his house on the water.  Dude is a great guy.  I really enjoyed him.  He’s ½ Omani, ½ Spanish.  His hospitality was wonderful.  This notion that Arabs are bad people is ludicrous.  I have yet to meet a bad one and I’ve met a lot.  They all seem like great people.  I think the pilot/boyfriend of the Romanian and I are going to be really good friends.  He invited me to his home in Oman next week.  He also invited me to fly with him, wherever Gulf air flies.  If I want to go, I’ll I have to do is ask.  This is my chance to see the world…while I change the world.  It’s a very exciting time.  But the best thing that happened to me today…was the last thing…there is this very special girl in Texas, that God called me to encourage…  Anytime you do what God has called you to do…you get an overwhelming sense of peace and fulfillment.  Im a very blessed guy.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick - You haven't heard from me in a while. Just spent some good time getting caught up on the blog. Left you a voicemail message recently... did you get it?
Very rough seas here would hope for a day in the near future where we could talk and reconnect.
Sorry I fell off the proverbial map. I could use prayer and a LOT of it. I was touched by the title "purpose for our pain".
Thanks for continuing the blog. I think of you all the time.