Monday, May 4, 2009

D'oh...i wrote this but I forgot to post it on Monday...sorry...its out of order

What a wonderful day.  It is a holiday today.  Apparently for the most the world May 1 is a global holiday, except in the U.S.  Since May 1st fell on a Friday, we celebrated it today.  So I did absolutely nothing today (work wise) and it felt spectacular.  I was able to sleep in til 9:00 am.  Facebook chat with a couple of friends over a lazy morning.  Then I took a 15 minute walk to Bennigan’s for Breakfast.  I had breakfast with Joel Osteen this morning.  Meaning I read his “Your Best Life Now” Book.  You’d think that since I attend his church and consider him my pastor, I would have read it by now.  Lakewood sent it to me, as part of the package of material I am sharing for my small group.  We are getting the same people attending now, so it really does feel like a church.  We have an atheist attending, a hindu, a couple of muslims, a couple of Christians and a couple of agnostics.  It’s a great group.  That is exactly the target audience Im going for.  Im trying to reach the people that normal churches don’t get to.  I’m real, or at least I try to be and people are responding to that.  Plus I give everyone dinner, so that can’t hurt.

After breakfast I went for a long work out, which felt kind of good.  They I napped in the Arabian Sun next to our rooftop pool.  The place where I’m living feels like a 5-star hotel, so the pool on the roof, certainly feels nice and luxurious.  It was so great to relax as long as I did.  It was certainly refreshing. 

I went to the Dilmun Club to meet Bridgit, the South African, currently living in Dubai for drinks by the pool.  The Dilmun club was packed with families.  I spoke with her mother who is a lovely and endearing lady.  They are both very easy to talk with.  I know one of the reasons why Brigit is here is we are talking about creating a position for her at KSDi.  She has a lot of media experience both in front of and behind the camera.  So I think she would be a welcome addition.  We have to go over the interview process with Nader and Khalifa tomorrow.  Brigit and I formally interviewed over a month ago, and she gets my thumbs up.  We wound up having dinner at the club and the food was fabulous.  Then off to drinks with her mom and dad at their house.  Then finally off more drinks at Trader Vic’s at the Ritz Carlton.  So it was a lot of drinking (diet cokes mainly for me) and a lot of very interesting conversation.  Whenever I spend a lot of time with someone like Brigit, I invariable tell them my life story including all the ugly things that I’ve done and have happened to me.  I consider it part of my testimony.  I try to share it as often as I can. 

I have such a big giant day tomorrow.  So I’m cutting this short tonight.  It’s a little late too, 12:45 am.  I can’t wait to get into the office tomorrow to work.  I know that sounds a little bizarre, but I love my job and my career.  So I don’t ever really have to work…its all fun.  How blessed am I?

3 comments:

Um Naief said...

you have an interesting blog. i think this group you teach sounds interesting as well.

Rick Beeman said...

Thank you for the nice comment Um. You are always welcome to join our group to see if you like it. We have about 5-12 on any given monday night.

Rick Beeman said...

Thank you for the nice comment Um. You are always welcome to join our group to see if you like it. We have about 5-12 on any given monday night.