Saturday, May 16, 2009

Flooding in the homestead

I slept in today and it felt great.  With church on Friday at 10 am, I really only have one day to sleep in, and that is Saturday.  I can’t totally lounge all day, since I have the acting class to prepare for later in the day.  I’m learning how to pace myself for that class. It does indeed take a lot out of me mentally.  So I have a 30 minute break between classes.  There is a small make up room in the upstairs of the studio, near the control booth.  This tiny little room has a bench with a cushion.  So I’ve found if I can sneak ina  15 minute nap between the sessions that really recharges my batteries.  I really like doing that. 

The classes are nearing an end.  We only have three more weeks for this session, and another 6 weeks for the sessions that started later at St. Christopher.  I’ve mentioned before that it is so satisfying to see my students grow.  I think Im going to take a hiatus off of teaching for the summer.  With my responsibilities as GM and the teaching, it has taken a lot out of me.  My goal is to restart the school, but with other people teaching it.  I think I’ve come up with some pretty revolutionary techniques.  I’d like to incorporate and train my replacements.  That way maybe we can reach/affect even more people.

I don’t talk about the home I own in Houston that much.  I have some people renting out the rooms in it, so that helps with part of the mortgage.  I wanted to buy so I would have a home base to be close to my kids.  Also for the investment value.  Homes are so inexpensive in Texas as opposed to California.  It has been relatively low maintenance since I have a good group of people living there.  But today is one of those high maintenance days.  Apparently the downstairs toilet flooded and the carpet is ruined in most of the downstairs area.  It’s a large house.  So I have a little damage control that needs to be done.  So I’m going to cut this blog a little short today.  Remember what I said about being under spiritual attack this week.  When it rains it pours.  There must be something good just about to happen.  I think I know what it is too.  I’ll fill you in on the details in a couple of days.  

No comments: