Saturday, May 9, 2009

Executive coaching

Whew…a tiring day…on what is supposed to be my off day.  I had to question myself, why to the acting days take so much out of me.  Is it because im constantly thinking and concentrating?  Im just sitting there, its not like Im doing much with physical exertion.  Today was a little bit unusual however.  One of my students works for a high powered CEO who is very nervous about doing presentations for his colleagues.  This guy is a great man, and good communicator, yet anything over 10 people he just gets nervous.  So today we did a one on one consultation.  It was great, I never dealt with this type of professional before for the acting/confidence skills.  I told him, im not trying to help him be a better speaker, Im just trying to help him unlock his true potential.  When we overthink or are stressed it inhibits the mind from being creative, thus we lock up mentally and the harder we try the more we fail.  So the trick is to not think, and just get into flow.  There are several tricks I use to help the mind/body relax.  They are quite effective.  The more I think about it, the more I think I could make a ton of money for KSDi by being an executive coach on the side in addition to my GM duties.  Im wearing a lot of hats and Im spread a little thin.  But anything that would help the company I’m willing to give it a go. 

Lots going on in my life right now.  I’ll be able to share more in a couple of weeks.  But God has laid in on my heart to be a little vague right now.  I apologize to all of you.  Normally I’m out there good and bad and I try to be as transparent as possible.  Please pray for my children and I.  Our relationship is going from bad to worse and it breaks my heart.  I also feel like a flu or cold is about to come on, so I feel as it is a spiritual attack on all sides.  But im confident that God is creating a work within me that he will complete.  Getting to that point though is proving to be a painful experience. 

I apologize for the length of the blog today…I’m just beat.  

No comments: