Saturday, May 2, 2009

Busy day on an off day

The busy day is finally starting to catch up with me.  I stayed out later than normal last night.  We have a pretty South African girl in town interviewing for a position at KSDi.  I took her out to dinner and we wound up talking and talking and talking.  She is a fascinating person.  She was also divorced so she knew what I was talking about psychologically about hurt and rejection before I could even get the words out of my mouth.  It’s nice being with someone that understands you. 

So I woke up this morning for an early breakfast meeting with a Dutch girl.  She’s very sweet and has been coming to my “positive living” classes.  She is also a former model and actress.  She likes to take my courses to make sure she can hone up on her skill.  It was a nice breakfast as we talked about future business endeavors together.  I think one day if the acting school is going to grow, she could be the one to teach it.  I am learning to try to franchise myself within KSDi.  I certainly can’t do it all and need to empower my colleagues to help take the load off. 

After breakfast it was off to the British Club to play squash with Darren.  He’s also from Texas (dallas).  It was nice to have someone to play squash with.  We are evenly matched.  This is the first time I really had a chance to sit down with Darren, since he returned from his engagement.  It was nice catching up with him. 

Then it was time for acting classes.  I teach children 2:30-4:30, Teens 5-7, and adults 7:30 – 9:30.  Most of the time Im wiped out after and I really should be wiped out since I didn’t have hardly of any sleep the night before.  But for some reason I was still jazzed.  Afterwards nearly half the class went out to eat together.  It reminded very much of the type of group I went out to eat with after church.  We just have a lot of fun together.  It’s a very much a community growing.  We all root for and help each other.  If that wasn’t enough bonding, several of that sub-group decided to go see a movie after that.  So I went to 11:00 showing of Monsters vs. Aliens.  I felt a bit strange going to see an animated kids movie with out my kids.  But I guess I have to get used to that unfortunately. 

So now that is 1:15 am…I am truly truly wiped out.  I can sleep in tomorrow which I really look forward to.  I can’t remember the last time I slept in late without any concern.  I have a few social engagements set up in the afternoon/evening but the morning is all sleep…woo-hoo!!!

No comments: