Friday, May 8, 2009

You're going to have a great day today...

I woke up today and I heard a strange voice in my head.  The voice said, you are going to have a great day today.  I thought that was a strange way to start the day.  I wasn’t sure if I actually heard the voice or was dreamt it.  But at that point it didn’t matter.  I resolved myself that indeed it was going to be a great day.  Instead of wallowing in the emotional pain of the last few days, I thought if I anticipate great things, then great things will happen.  Indeed they did.  I made it to church for the first time in a month or so (I’ve been travelling).  The message was spot on.  We have a very talented preacher in Graeme the Australian here.  He’s got a really dry sense of humor that no one seems to get except me.  I got a big bear hug from my accountability partner.  He knows the crap I’m going through and I know his stuff too.  Its just nice to have someone in your corner like that.  You know what…I have a lot of people in my corner like that.  This morning when I was at breakfast I felt as if the emotional clouds were parting and there was sunshine starting to peer through gray.  I could tell there were people praying for me.  That is another one of the direct benefits of writing this blog and being so transparent with you.  I have so many prayer partners now.  People I have never even met, or haven’t seen for years telling me they understand my situation and are praying for a resolution or God’s grace to endure it.  That is so refreshing to see those types of emails especially when the prayer requests are unsolicited. 

I rushed home after church because we had a staff barbecue party, at my flat from 1-5.  So I went and bought charcoal, and lit up the grill and waited.  No one showed up at 1.  That is such an American thing by the way, to set up a time to meet and then to actually meet at that time.  So I waited until 2, and thought no one is going to show up, the party is going to be a disaster.  But that’s not thinking positively is it?  So I thought whoever shows up, we’re going to have a great time.  Manu was the first to arrive ten minutes later, then the girls in the office.  They brought sooooo much food.  Pork skewers, lamb chops, chicken kebabs, vegetables, fruit, drinks.  Enough food to feed an office.  As the minutes passed more and more people wound up showing.  In an hour we had about 20 friends and family up on the roof top pool of my flat.  We all enjoyed a 3 hours barbecue.  There were kids there, that didn’t bring swim suits.  So they wound up just jumping in the pool with their clothes on.  A few of the adults wound up doing the same thing as well.  It was quite fun and spontaneous and done without one drop of alcohol.  It was a real team building time for us.  We all generally like each other.  Khalifa was the last to show up and he really enjoyed himself.  Wait, no Armand was the last to show up, which was kind of funny, since it was him we were honoring as employee of the month.  I’m going to try to do these party get togethers once a month. 

I was talked into going to an event tonight that I really did not want to go to.  It was a “History of Dance Revue.”  It was basically a stage show with amateur and professional dancers doing various choreographed scenes from music from the last 100 years or so.  I was given VIP tickets which wound up to be $37.50 so I figured I should at least go for a bit.  I was actually quite pleasantly surprised.  I enjoyed myself a lot.  The kids were pretty good.  I even recognized some of my acting students performing in some of the routines.  I was asked to go to a few clubs tonight.  Its nice, because of my standing in the community now, I get put on a lot of guest lists.  It is flattering.  But I just didn’t want to go.  So I came home instead.  Its not that Im boring person…its just that I’m at peace with myself right now.  Please pray for me when you get a chance.  I just had a dear friend, tell me they had a “word from the Lord for me” and it was the opposite of what I was supposed to do.  So now Im kind of conflicted.  I want God’s will in my life, and certainly want to heed his warnings, if that is the case.  So please pray for me.  You know what…that voice in my head was right…It was a great day.  

No comments: