Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Substitute teachers (yesterday's blog posted below)

What a difference a day makes.  I was pretty tired…the jetlag kind of hit me last night after two normal days.  Im not sure why.  So I wanted to make sure I had all my energy for the acting classes today.  So instead of lunch, I came home for a quick power nap.  Its so cool that being on the island, I can come home from work like that even though I live so far away by Bahrain standards.  It worked.  I was very refreshed.  The kids all seemed excited to see me, even though I was away for a week.  I had my Saudi friend Khaled teach the Saturday class and Marloes, my dutch friend teach the Wednesday classes.  I think they both did great.  Now Im not racist by calling out the nationalities where these friends come from.  I just think its cool that this is such a melting pot of cultures where I’ve literally met over 50 people from different parts of the world.  Its an amazing cultural experience.  America is so vast that sometimes there is an America perception that there is no life outside its borders.  Perhaps that is why only 10% of Americans own passports.  Well Americans are certainly missing out.  I just love being able to integrate different cultures into my life.  It makes my life so much more culturally rich.  By seeing other heritages, it helps me appreciate my own. 

I was excited about Khaled and Marloes teaching for several reasons.  They bring a different style to the instruction.  They are both classically training actors where I am not.  Yes I studied acting, but not to act.  I always went into it knowing I wanted to direct.  I wanted to be able to communicate with my actors.  It has been worth the investment.  Well im excited about Khaled and Marloes, because I can train them in my Beemanaski Method Style which I’ve adapted from several methodologies, add my experience and we have a unique offering.  If I use those two we can expand our reach and train/impact even more people.  I really like that.  We have such a good product, now its time to go out and properly market it.  The future looks really great at KSDi…we just need to get the word out.  Im presently amassing a team of sales/marketing people to do just that.  It just is very slow in developing. 

 

Things are going well with the Czech girl.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  I liked her when I saw her…now that I’m away from her I really like her. I guess I was really scared when I met her.  This is real…its happening.  I got nervous.  I shared my hesitation in the blog.  I hope I didn’t ruin anything. 

I posted our California pics on facebook yesterday.  I was amazed at how many nice comments that people left for me.  Facebook is a weird forum.  It allows us all to be voyeurs.  Well I had so many people both far and wide make really nice remarks.  A few people have told me, they realize the pain that I had been through the past few years and they are genuinely happy for me now.  Its true about Karma…whether in India or the U.S. You reap what you sow.  Im in the process of reaping professionally, personally, and spiritually.  Im about to reap emotionally now as well.  Im not sure what the future holds, but the last two years have been pretty nice. 

Im going to wrap this up early.  Im chatting with the Czech.  I have to really learn to discipline myself and not stay up too late because of the time change.  It’s a good thing I don’t watch TV and don’t have much of a social life at the moment.  Everything seems to be working out just like it is supposed to.  

No comments: