Monday, May 4, 2009

Another fabulous day...how many of these are trying to say hello.

t an amazing day.  Its very late, so I’m not going to go in much detail.  Ha..I say that now, and watch me wind up writing a page and a half.  I wonder if I turn this blog into a book, if anyone would be interested in reading?  God did speak to my heart that he wanted me to write a book on my life and overcoming the pain while I’m here.  Maybe its just taking the form of the blog.

 

I met with a Sheikh today, and a pretty important one.  We get along very well.  He is my age.  He wants us to do a documentary on the history of the ports in Bahrain.  Which actually is quite fascinating.  An entire culture of considerate and hospitable Bahraini’s were formed generation after generation after becoming so adept at handling foreigners that would grace their shores as a result of the shipping trade. So Im going to focus in on that aspect.  If nothing else it will be a pretty good gig.  It’s all a result of “Wasta” having good favor.  One think I’ve really done well here is to establish a formidable presence in Bahrain and to get the crew to believe in themselves that they are indeed the best at what they do in their position.   So when the shake asked us to complete this project, we were quite honored. 

We had our staff meeting after that.  We just had another huge wedding drop in our laps.  This an all male wedding.  During a typical wedding there is separate celebrations for both male and female.  This particular party only have us 24 hours to prepare, but the staff is adept at handling these situations.  That’s what took up the majority of our staff meeting.  The rest was business and naming our employee of the month.  Armand won the award as he worked tirelessly over the past couple of weeks.  He has always hit his deadlines too. 

We had a meeting with Bridgit the South African and Nader, and Khalifa today.  To decide if the re a is a fit.  I think there is a strong possibility for that.

For our Positive Living small group we had 12 people that attended, several muslims some Christians, and Hindus.  I love the scope of the glass.  A church for the unchurches is my goal for this region.  

2 comments:

Um Naief said...

i like this 'church for the unchurches'...

my husband met you, come to find out. was telling him about your blog (he's bahraini). told him your name and he met you some time back re: music it seems.

Rick Beeman said...

Um, I trying to remember where I met your husband...I can't place it. This church for the unchurched...we'd love to have both you and your hubby try it out. Thanks for the encouragement.

Rick