Monday, May 11, 2009

Tale of two halves

Wow talk about a tale of two half-days.  I woke up this morning feeling absolutely devastated.  I had a very tough conversation with my children last night.  Essentially it boils down to, they believe their mom’s P.O.V. on everything…they have to, because they live with her.  Imagine what their life would be like if they disagreed and sided with me.  They are in a no choice situation there.    Thus everything is my fault in that family’s eyes…so its 5 against one…with me being the bad guy.  It sucks…its hard to defend myself because that would just be causing to make their mother look bad…and I try not to say anything negative about their mom in front of them.  I do admit to expressing my negative feelings on this blog and to others in confidence.  But it sucks having to keep quiet and not defend yourself especially when they are all convinced im the selfish one.  I just have to think of Christ…he was unjustly accused…and he kept silent.  Perhaps that is what Im supposed to do. Now Im not comparing myself to Christ at all.  But I strive to be like Christ, as he has given me a living example to emulate. 

 

I woke up feeling pretty bad again, physically, as the flu is really kicking my butt.  I don’t want to take off any time off of work so I’m trying to just muscle through it.  As a diabetic, when I get sick I usually stay sick for awhile, so I try not to let anything be too debilitating, otherwise I wouldn’t get anything done at all. 

 

I mentioned before that we are doing an Improv contest “The Funniest Person in Bahrain” where I have some stars from my acting classes and a few others ready to compete.  I think this is going to be big.  We met with FACT magazine today who is going to help us sponsor it.  They are committing to 10 pages a month for the five months that it will run.  This is going to be huge publicity for the event as well as good branding for KSDi.  I’m very proud of the KSDi brand that we are developing.  We are quickly becoming synonymous with entertainment and production in Bahrain. 

My day ended with my Positive Living Small group.  If I ever needed reminders that God called me here to do his work, the reminder came tonight.  I do miss my kids, but I know God has me here for this season.  I always buy the group dinner and we visit before hand.  It’s a nice get together.  Today we had Mexican Food.

We watched the Joel Osteen video and it sparked some interesting discussion.  The semi-atheist commented, before I was really turned off by the scriptures and the God references, but still I liked what Osteen had to say.  Now…I can see how the scriptures play a role in what he’s trying to teach.  I really like his style  Another guy, who just recently started coming wants his fiancée to see the dvd’s as he thinks the message will help her.  Finally another girl, who grew up in the church, and I think strayed from her relationship, is thinking of rededicating her life.  She even wants to come to church with me.  How is all this happening?  Im not really sure.  I’m just making myself available.  I know God has a plan and purpose in my life.  It absolutely sucks that I can’t have the type of influence or relationship with my children that a normal married father has…but this break up was not my choice.  I’ll just have to trust God and know that he has me in the palm of his hand and is directing my steps.  Please keep your prayers for me and my children up.  I’m under heavy heavy spiritual attack right now…and that means something great is about to happen.  That is my silver lining to the pain.  

No comments: