Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The difference a day makes

What a difference a day makes.  I woke up and felt 100% better.  Wow…I went to be feeling pretty lousy last night and woke up feeling good.  Im pretty sure it was a spiritual attack, as everything has been coming against me.  But prayers do make a difference.  As quickly as the sickness came, it went.  Now this is a key, I might have mentioned before in this blog, but since I drink too many diet cokes and the nutrasweet kills my short term memory, I’ll repeat myself.  For the last 3-4 years I’ve been more aggressive with my praying when I get sick or come under attack.  The moment I feel a cold coming on, I pray..”Spirit of sickness you have no authority over me, be gone in Jesus name.” and blamo…usually within a couple of hours, I’m feeling fine and the sickness that was harassing me is gone.  Now I used to be perpetually sick, because of my diabetes.  I always had a lingering cold or the sniffles.  I just thought it was just how I was.  But once I learned to flex my spiritual authority muscles, I’ve learned how much power I indeed really have.  It works…Christ has given us authority over the rulers of darkness, but too many Christians (including this one) don’t really know how to exercise that authority.  So my self-healing process really tends to work for me.  There are just certain sicknesses that are not spiritual attacks.  How do I distinguish between them? I don’t.  I just pray that way for both of them.  More often than not 75% of the time it works.  Now we can come under spiritual attack, physically, with a cold, or mentally, or psychologically.  My pattern for combat is the same for each.  Paul wrote, we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers rulers of darkness…therefore put on the whole armor of God, helmet of salvation, breastplate of righteousness, shield of faith and sword of the spirit, which is the word of God.  In the original Greek the word for sword is Rheema, which means the spoken word.  So now, whenever I come under spiritual attack, temptation, the thoughts of being depressed, angry, resentful, I treat those as a spiritual attack.  I call them out.  I do this on a pretty regular basis.  It really does work.  But the key is you have to pray them outloud.  The enemy can’t read our mind, but he can whisper thoughts and impressions into our head.  Thus, we have to exercise our authority and put him in his place.  This works especially well for temptation.  You should try this out.  I wish the church I grew up would have taught me more about spiritual warfare and how to compete.  I could have saved years of heartache.  But now, at least I can tell/help out as many people as I can. 

I had a good day today.  I feel like Im finally caught up.  I took Armand out to lunch because he was our employee of the month.  I wanted to give him that treat.  Tanya doesn’t get the Ritz Carlton much, so I invited her along as well.  It was a fabulous fabulous brunch.  They had everything.  I wish I would have had more of an appetite.  But it was very expensive…this is one of the finest hotels in the world.  The price for the three of us was 65 BD which equates to $150 for lunch…with no alcohol!!!  Good thing Im only doing this once a month. 

We have a bunch of projects underway and some potential projects in the pipeline.  Im never quite comfortable though.  It’s a cash flow thing.  We just don’t have enough in reserves for me to rest on my laurels.  We are starting a big documentary project when I get back.  We also had two projects come in to meet today.  Im very enthusiastic about one of them.  It was a little bit strange.  One of the clients, a cute Bahraini girl, whose head was covered, I think was flirting with me a bit.  When she held her hand out for me to shake she didn’t let go for the longest time.  We were talking about a project for a walking tour where my company would create the videos for the stops on the tour.  She told me,  you and I could go for that walk sometime.  I got this coy smile, and I answered sure…that would be great.  Im just not used to girls being aggressive like that.  But if nothing else it was good for the ego.  I have been tempted to beat myself up emotionally especially after the events of the last week with my children.  But I can’t own any of that.  The Texas camp is convinced that 90% of the problems are my fault (well its probably closer to 100% now, but this is what X told me two years ago).  I think they really all believe it too.  Which is sad.  Unfortunately the children have to believe it since they are in that environment.  God tells me again and again and again…that they will eventually see the truth.  I hope its soon.  Im a really good/great dad.  It sucks having to be the bad guy.  

No comments: