Monday, December 29, 2008

Three's Company???

Yet another day off in Bahrain.  I think we have three more to go.  Its getting frustrating, I’m anxious to get to work…but I need the whole country to be up and running to be fully effective.  I am very anxious to get things moving at the office.  I have so many promising leads.  Its weird being the “general” in manager.  I have to be the jack of all trades.  I get so much fulfillment from the creative side as the artist in me comes out.  But I’m very good at leadership and motivation.  So that is a key ingredient too.  If I can only get the cash flow/projections/revenue stream down…then I would be absolutely “general”. 

I saw a trailer for Madagascar II last week.  I really wanted to see it.  But I can’t go to an animated movie by myself.  So I invited Tanya’s kids to go see it with me.  Tanya wanted to see it too.  So we all went to the movies.  Afterwards we met up with her husband Raimond and went out to eat dinner.  I really feel like Im a part of this family now.  The kids are sooooo cute.  They are 5 and 8.  It so makes me want to have more of my own.  I often wonder who might God have for me in the next go around.  If they are young…maybe there is a possibility for another family.  I’ve mentioned before that I felt like I’ve had my family stolen from me.  But God is faithful and he restores.  If I could have my kids with me now…I’d do it in a New York Minute.  I’m pretty anxious to love again.  Not necessarily to be loved.  I don’t think I was loved for the last 7-8 years of my marriage, so I learned to live without it.  Yet what I miss is having someone to adore and cherish.  Someone to give gifts and trinkets too.  I always enjoyed giving more than receiving.  I know that in God’s perfect timing he has the perfect mate in mind for me.  That is really the lesson that God has been trying to teach me since I’ve been here.  To wait upon God’s timing…God’s timing is always perfect.  When we try to rush it, we step out of God’s will.  I sure mucked up some things in my life when I tried to encourage God to hurry up.  So Im trying not fret about the immediate future, whether or not I have a date or a night alone at the apartment.  I’m trying to be like Paul (emotionally speaking) when he was in prison how he learned to abound and learned to live without, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  I can learn to live alone…but if anyone of you out there wants to pray to have God hurry up…I’m not getting in your wa….

After dinner I was supposed to meet up with the Romanian and Baraq, wait Baraq is the only that doesn’t have a character name.  I’ll call him the Iraqi.  So we were supposed to meet up and play a game of squash.  First the Romanian had to cancel, and then the Iraqi.  So I was left alone tonight.  You know what…I was fine with it.  I had a good talk with God and am settling into my groove of contentment with solitude.  I told you previously, that God led me to a three bedroom apartment.  Its way too big for just me.  But now I know why he led me here.  Guy will be moving out in two weeks.  He’ll take one of the bedrooms.  I just got a call from a friend looking for a place…and she’ll take another bedroom.  Yes it’s a female roommate…but Im not sure if she’ll be moving in or not.  I really don’t see a problem with it.  I checked with Guy and he didn’t have a problem.  His response…”Good she can clean up after us.”  I don’t think it will work like that…but it was good for a laugh.  So I guess it will be like Three’s company…only its will be  Jack…Janet…Christopher…two guys one girl.  If any of you think that is inappropriate for a “missionary” to have a female platonic roommate with another guy roommate to boot.  I’d be glad to hear your opinion.  For now…I don’t have a check in my spirit about it.  I think it if was wrong…God would throw up a road block.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I think it if was wrong…God would throw up a road block."
That comment brought some memories of my school days, when we skip class and go for movies, we often justified our action by the same comment, if its not God will we wont get the ticket for the show. We always made sure we reach there in time and have the ticket, and never missed any show. Does it mean God was willing for us to skip the class?

Well God gives us free will, so he wont throw up any road blocks. Its not a sin to have a female room mate, but it will be like offering saten some extra arsenal to attack you.