Friday, December 12, 2008

Storms and the Palace

Well Im glad to say that I found a church.  Went to Saar fellowship again and It felt like a home church the second time around.  The message was all about being a stream in desert.  That’s what Im called here for I believe.  The Pastor is Australian, and he’s an intellectual teaching pastor, which I respond better to.  He gave an interesting statistic.  Christians in Bahrain comprise of .01 % of the population.  That’s roughly 1 in 10,000.  That was even further confirmation that Im in the right place.

Here’s more confirmation, I somehow felt God was calling me to start a Bible Study, Men’s group, maybe it would even grow into a church, I don’t know.  But so far, I have six men and one woman ready to start it up, and I haven’t really even tried.  They were brought to me. 

Another thing that God had laid upon my heart was to start a film industry in Bahrain.  How…I don’t know…the details are up to God.  He’s just prompting me, and im trying to listen.  I was talking with a guy yesterday, via email who is doing work with the Ministry of Economic Development.  He told me he’s working closely with the William Morris Agency in financing and production trying to woo more productions out here to the Island.  This is exactly my goal.  So we are supposed to meet after the holidays (he’s in the UK) to figure out how to synergize our efforts. 

So I know Im in this very unique position at this very unique time.  I know that I know that I know that God has purposed me here.  Yet, I still feel like Im under incredible spiritual attack.  It seems that in my life, the Enemy always works the hardest when something great is about to happen.  I think he tries to ward off God’s favor.  So in a way Im slightly encouraged.  But still it makes the tough stuff harder to go through.  I feel like Im in an emotional war zone.  I’ve been battered bruised, and knocked down.  But I still have the strength to stagger to my feet .  So what will it take to make me whole, having my children out here, falling in love, Getting more friends?  I’m not really sure.  Right now, emotionally im not doing so hot.  Spiritually, professionally, Im doing very well.  So I just have to weather the storm, knowing that God indeed has a plan.  I just wish he’d hurry up with the emotional part of it. 

Simi, My brilliant office coordinator, and I had an appointment with a member of the royal family today.  So I stepped into my first palace.  I was awestruck.  It was beautiful.  We were told which sitting room to wait in.  Most Arabic houses have several sitting (Living) rooms.  So after a bit, a maid came out with a tray of eight different exotic juices for Simi and I.  Then a little while later she came out with a tray of luxury chocolates.  The Arab hospitality is just incredible here.  Arabs have a such a bad rap.  Everyone that I’ve ever met, has been genuine and wonderful.  Yet that’ doesn’t play in the media.  Instead you see the .01% of the crazy Arabs and unfortunately that stereotype sticks with them.  Well I’m here to dispel that stereotype.  Arabs are beautiful and gracious people.  Every society has their fractional percentage of radical extremists.  Just because the White Supremacists are Americans, should we stereotype all Americans as White Supremacists because of the actions of a minor few?  With that same logic, we shouldn’t characterize all Arabs as Terrorists. 

I went out to dinner with my Good friend Barraq from Iraq.  I really love that guy. He is so interesting to talk with.  Very intelligent.  I gave him the book, I just finished “The Case for Christ” which is an excellent read.  He also is going to attend my Men’s group…so keep him in prayer too.

Your prayers are sooooo coveted…I feel like im on the brink of something globally significant here and the Enemy is trying everything he can to take me down.  I just have to hunker down and get through the emotional storm.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Been awhile since I posted, but I've only got 2 words for you...
RUN
Fallen

The 1st in reference to the married woman contacting you --- don't know anything of it, but RUN. She'd do the same to you.
2nd is in reference to the Romanian --- what appears you have already done, in spite of yourself.

Blessings - Melanie in CO