Saturday, December 27, 2008

Early Warning Detections Systems

Well I was really embracing my solicitude today.  I don’t want to be a hermit, but want to be completely content with the life that God has given me.  I was very pleasantly surprised at all the supportive emails that I got from readers of this blog.  Your words and well wishes mean a ton. If you want to leave your emails as comments, I really don’t mind…that way they can edify more people.  But I also understand if you want to stay anonymous.   

I really feel like I’ve been under spiritual attack…not just emotionally…but physically as well.  I have this strange sickness that comes on in the first part of the day…Just totally wipes me out.  Then I fervently pray…and it goes away.  But it keeps coming back each morning.  A lot of common everyday sickness can be construed as spiritual attacks.  So next time you feel a cold or the flu coming on try this.  Speak aloud…”Spirit of sickness you have no authority over me…you have been defeated at Calvary.  In Jesus name I command you to be gone.”  You don’t have to do it word for word, but just focus on the issue…proclaim your authority in Jesus name, and cast it out.  That has kept me nearly sickness/disease free for three years.  What is amazing, before I learned that prayer technique…as  a diabetic I was constantly sick as my immune system sucks.  But since I’ve been praying…I’ve been the healthiest I’ve ever been. 

God spoke to me this morning forewarning me the next two weeks were going to be heavy in the realm of spiritual warfare for me.  I needed to buckle down and get ready for the onslaught.   This has happened a few times in my life.  One of the first times it happened, God forewarned me to fast and pray for two days because it was going to be difficult time in the weekend.  So I did.  Two days later on New Year’s Eve…I got some very bad news  The news was particularly devastating.  But because I was forewarned I was strong enough to take it and not let it devastate me like it could have.  Its like God has given me an early warning detection system.  This has happened more than 10 times in my life.  I think one of the reasons why God wanted me to embrace being alone was so that he could talk more intimately with me and forewarn me about what lies ahead.  He does speak to me a lot.  I have a hunch there are some big things coming down the pipe and he wants me absolutely prepared for it.

I was just chatting with Guy, the Canadian.  He’s supposed to arrive around Jan. 15.  I’m very excited about having him come on board.  Not only will it help professionally, but personally as well.  Since he’ll be my roommate, he’ll be a great source of friendship.  The idea that we are going to start a Bible Study, I think will grow into the idea of starting a church.  There is such a need for a relevant gathering that meets specific age demographics.  Don’t get me wrong.  There are some good churches here…just not a lot.  Reji wanted me to invite one of our co-workers to church, and I hesitated.  This sounds really bad, but I don’t think church is the best place for him.  At least the churches here.  The churches here are great for the believers to strengthen their faith.  Rather, I thought it would be a more powerful for him to see Christ through me…and through other close associates.  I guess what I’m saying is that I see the need for a type of “seeker-sensitive” church out here.  So many of the people my age…their life revolves around clubbing and drinking.  People consume a lot of alcohol here.  There seems to be very little alternative for fun.  I think that is what Guy and I are going to create here.  An alternative to the lifestyle that so many people are accustomed to out here.  Its exciting and a little intimidating to think of all the potential that God can do.  But I think there is a convergence of people and God’s purpose coming together at the exact right time.  I have a hunch that a spiritual bomb is about to explode.  I’m not sure if I’m speaking this prophetically or not, but I believe that God has big plans…both locally and internationally.  Im honored to be a part of it.  I’m not really sure what do to…or how Im supposed to do it.  But God revealed to me…that all he wants me to do is to be faithful and ready to be used.  He will handle all the details. 

I went out to a movie and dinner with the Dentist.  She is such a lovely person. So gracious and amazing heart for God.  I just like hearing her refined British accent.  It is so soothing.  There are so many accents here.  I was talking a few weeks back with some German friends that I just met.  They guessed immediately that I was from the States because of my American accent.  I said…”What?  Americans don’t have accents.”  They said…yes you do and you have a very thick American accent.  The more I thought about it…the more I realized I do have a thick American accent…cue the Lee Greenwood song….

No comments: