Saturday, December 13, 2008

Doors off hinges and trying to be positive...

Short blog tonight…Yeah…I say that and watch this one be one of the longest.  I really never intend for the length of these I just sit down and go til im finished.  I’ve been known to fall asleep during the late night blogging…I come up with some pretty strange sentence structure. 

OK…I certainly need to listen to more Joel Osteen.  You’d think after attending his church for two years, I’d get his drift.  Don’t focus on the negative…focus on the positive.  So I’ve been bellyachin’ bout my issues (Texan drawl…intended).  I do have a lot of wonderful things to be thankful for, so I’ll focus on those.  I know God will sort out the rest. 

It’s weird, I talked to my kids tonight.  And while I was talking to Max, I heard a drill in the background.  New hubby #2 was taking Max’s door off the hinges.  I asked why, and he said because he doesn’t need privacy.  I asked if he could go outside for a private conversation (I don’t want people overhearing.  A dad should be able to talk about personal stuff with his son, shouldn’t he?)  So I overheard New hubby #2 in the background saying something like, we don’t keep anything secret or anything private, he can talk to me if has anything to say about it.  It was just weird.  Then I talked to my daughter, which was great…first time I talked to her in months.  I loved it.  She questioned, why do I need to talk in privacy…it was like they were both prepped for it.  I barely got the words out of my mouth and they had the same quick answer like they were coached.  Then unsolicited she offered “Im not getting hurt here.”  It was all a little strange.  Methinks where there’s smoke, there might be fire. 

Wait…did that whole rant go Anti-Osteen.  I’m not upset, Im just reporting.  I can’t really do anything nor control the kids.  I guess the ex can do whatever she wants with little repercussion from me.  Another sucky thing about the divorce…But hey, I got to speak to my kids, censored though it was…and that made my week. 

I was embracing my solitude today.  Not bemoaning it…just accepting it as a reality.  Had a really wonderful day.  Went running for the first time in years.  I work out every other day, but I haven’t run in awhile.  Boy are my running legs out of shape.  I have to get rid of my belly if I want to impress certain Romanian girls, and I don’t want to change my eating habits, so I have to work out a little extra hard.

Mo, called me and he had an urgent meeting with the Economic Development Board meeting tomorrow at 2.  He wanted to bring the video in.  Well the video wasn’t supposed to be done for the three days.  So I did what I normally do…(I swivel my head like an Indian) “No Problem”  At least it gave me something to do with my solitude.  Eight hours later…I finished my three day project.  Hmmmmm…what will I do with the extra two days…I wonder.

Its yet another holiday coming up.  National Day is Dec. 16 and 17.  All offices close.  It celebrated when King Khalifa came to the throne.  There are so many days off in December.  Yet…December is shaping up to be a very busy month for weddings for us.  I totally see God’s favor following me, wherever I go. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever post anything about myself, or my wife on this blog again I will be filing a civil lawsuit for libel against you. You need to cease and desist immediately. You continue to ask your kids about if they feel safe with me, if I hit them, and they always reply they are safe and I do not touch them. And you think I am abusive to them, well if you thought I was so abusive then why as their father did you think that was the right time to move across the world? I have never told the kids I was going to take your place, and without my wife and I promtping them to call you every weekend, you would not even cross their minds. I cannot put myself in your shoes to imagine they could have fun without you, but they are, so let them. They are very happy; presently we are making Christmas cookies, watching Elf and all laughing, and all 3 are excelling in both their education and their social lives. I do not think in any way I have anything to do with that, but I am supporting them in their choices. Please understand the strain you put on the kids each time you try and talk Max into finding somewhere private to talk with you, and everytime you have made Lindsey cry on the phone with her. Oh, and at the airport, yes I did have some strong words to say, in front of my wife and your parents, who approached us and started yelling at us for no reason. Never did I say anything offensive infront of Lindsey, that was your mom, right before she pushed my wife. We are done with this, and as previsouly stated you need to cease and desist from posting anything about myself or my wife. -Sean Boyle, new husband of Lori, proud stepfather of Lindsey, Max, & Spencer.

Anonymous said...

pardon me but if i heard a DRILL in the background i might ask a few questions too! that is SUCH a stepfather thing to do; to take the door off the hinges!!! this "happy" world you are talking about sounds a bit manipulated. what's so wrong with a little privacy? the need for privacy is like a natural human desire. it sounds like yaw are trying to do everything you can to ensure the children can't have any sort of intimate relationship with their FATHER. i mean there is an ex-wife and new husband, i'd want some privacy just to feel some sort of comfortable on the phone. the "strain" you speak of must come from the fact that there is tension in your home regarding the children's relationship with their father. Otherwise, why would there be an issue with the kids just wanting to talk to Rick out of ear shot of you? Ask yourself who is making the issue of this. As for Rick saying anything on the blog, my goodness you may want to read it again. he just stated facts that YOU, big tough guy, were taking the door off the hinges. That's bizarre! However, he was happy he spoke to his kids. As for Lindsay crying on the phone, I believe she is the oldest so this divorce is impacting her a lot harder and different than the boys. Of course she cries b/c this divorce made a permanent groove in her heart and hurts like hell!!! I so hate this whole situation b/c I come from a divorced family. The best thing for the children is to put your own feelings and interests behind you and every time you do something ask yourself, "Is this the absolute best thing for my children, or in your case Lindsay, Max& Spencer. Take yourself out of it and do the best and most sincere and loving thing for them!!! Focus on the positive.

AJB