Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eastern Bloc and Christmas Parties

OK…I think Im getting popular around here. That sure helps in the loneliness department. Beautiful Romanian #2 wanted to go to the mall with three of her other flight attendant trainees. So here I was, driving four stunning Eastern Bloc girls (2 Romanians, Czech, Russian) to the mall. Tough life for a missionary eh… Am I missionary? The more Im here the more convinced that I am. I freely talk about my faith all the time. For those of you who freak out about sharing their faith or are intimidated by witnessing, let me give you one little hint. You generally talk about whatever you are most passionate about. That could be body building, sports, entertainment, shopping etc. So if you want to make witnessing to others easier…just become much more passionate about your walk…that way sharing your faith will come much more natural to you. Witnessing should be easy and effortless. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. Now for me its second nature.

I spent most of the day with Romanian #2, she is a beautiful girl…but very very young, 25 (Can I get arrested for that?) But I’m thinking younger is better. If I ever do get married again, I think I would want to start another family. The best child raising years have been taken from me. I feel a little like Job…and that God will restore to me what I’ve lost. Im still hopeful that my relationship with my kids would be restored. I so would love them to come over and live with me, but that would take an act of God. I know they would be happy and thrive over here. I know I could give them a good solid, Godly influence. I just have to keep trusting and believing. I did talk to my Daughter today. It was wonderful. I love that kid so much. I also talked to my youngest. My kids are fantastic, I’m blessed to have them in my life. I just hate the fact that they had to endure the pain of this divorce. They are the innocent ones. But if God is working out his plan in my life, I know he is working out something in theirs.

I got invited to the first of 5 Christmas parties over the next five days. Its cool, im starting to recognize people and become more comfortable in these social situations. I am meeting some amazing and very interesting people. One girl I met from Chicago today, was trying to guess my age, she couldn’t believe it when I told her 40. She would have guessed 30. Thank God Im a late bloomer. I can still remember the five or six of us late bloomers huddled up in the locker room during Jr. High so the early bloomers wouldn’t make fun of us. I guess the whole youth thing is paying dividends now. Im also trying to take care of myself. Im probably the fittest I’ve been in 15 years. Being alone, I have lots of time to work out and exercise.

The party was great, both from a business networking standpoint, and social standpoint. Bahrain is a very small island. Its really possible to get to know…almost everyone. It’s a very unique cultural and social opportunity. For example most everyone I meet is familiar with the Khalifa and his sons and daughters. That makes business much easier. Soon those same people will know the adopted step son of the Shaheen family, Rick.

Im very fortunate and very blessed. God was right when he told me “Seek First the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you.” I just needed to be a little more patient. I can see everything being added to me almost on a daily basis. I’m so determined to keep the faith so I don’t muck anything up.

I think I’m becoming the most optimistic guy on the face of the planet again. I might have been knocked of my horse of hope and scrambled in the mud of despair for a few years. But I’ve saddled up and ready to gallop into the land of promise and opportunity again. All due to God’s faithfulness. Wow…Im blessed.

No comments: